Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to put the Family Dog Down..... :( It was one of the worst things I had to do in a long time. She couldnt get up of walk and had blood in her stool couldnt keep food down. She still tried her best to show me how happy she was to se me but it wao obvious she was in a great deal of pain.Driving her to the vet and saying our goodbyes to a friend of 13 years was so incredably hard I broke down and cried. She knew what was happening too from the look in her eyes you could see she was frightened. God bless her, I miss her so much. :( :mad:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I hate seeing animals in pain. As a kid we had a bunch of dogs and having to put each of them to sleep was painful, I am going to hate to have to put my dogs to sleep again if it calls for it. I feel for my dogs more than I feel for some humans on this earth, so I can honestly say I feel your pain.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My sympathies on your loss. It has always broken my heart to have to make the decision to put a family pet down. I hate the feeling of powerlessness. But I also don't want them to suffer, although that is scant consolation.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That's a hard decision, one I have had to make too. I had to put my Lab to sleep
a few years ago. You have to think of them weather it is better to nurse them or put them to sleep

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Bummer-you've had a tough year. Been there, done that too. Never easy to say goodbye. I had to do it for my cat Benny-hence the name-that I took in as a stray 12 years ago. Tough stuff.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Sorry to hear aout your loss. I feel your pain. We had a little maltesse who was my first dog, he was about 2 when i was born. I grew up with him. The little guy lived for 17 years. Toward the end you could tell he was in pain. His front legs were crooked and turned in, he had cancer in the mouth twice we needed to take out. He could barley walk anymore. I was there when they put him to sleep, watching his eyes roll in the back of his head as he leaves was tough to watch. I miss him :( It gets better though. We got a new dog and he is great. You will always remeber your pets, they grow close to you.

Like IllKneeGrow said, i feel for animals more then i feel for alot of people on this earth.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You Friends, it pains me so much it's almost unbearable........ She was a mistreated animal when I got her and had to convince her I would never hurt her, gaining her trust took 2 lomg years.... which broke my heart every time I saw her she would shake uncontrolanly and pee and crap on herself in horror.... Once she got over that she would turn herself inside out when she saw me, and now she's gone....... :cry :cry

·
Registered
522 Posts
sorry to hear that, it's always sad when it comes to that.:(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anybody who says pets aren't a real part of the family obviously never had one. Sorry for your loss, I know it really sux.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
sorry to hear that, but she's in a better place now, and is watching over you..........

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
You did the right thing Krazy.

She'll be there at rainbow bridge when the time comes for you to meet her...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
I feel your pain KH. My Dobie died last summer. It was like a gut-punch. It is the worst feeling losing a pet.

All I can say is that is sucks now, but over time it will get better. Your heart will heal. It just takes time.

It also may help if you get another dog to give your love to. That is what I did. We rescued another Doberman last Sept. He has been the greatest. He has brought much joy to a saddened household.

Peace.

Stone

·
Registered
804 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It brought tears to my eyes. I know how terribly difficult that was and so understand the part about them looking into your eyes with that "look".
Godspeed to your family friend!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm so sorry KH. :( I think we all have had to put a beloved pet down at least once in our lives. I've done it more then a few times, and I still hate it. It never gets easier.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Sorry man. At least you saved her from a life of mistreatment and had many good years of companionship. May your dog Rest in Peace.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry KH. I know how that feels. The last two family pets we had needed to be put to sleep. The first was a 6 year old american eskimo with leukimia and the other was a chow. I can still remember that last walk...And my dad putting her in the back of the truck. I don't think anyone can realy know what unconditional love is without owning a dog.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
KH--I am so sorry to hear of your family friend. But the good thing is is that you rescued her from a horrible life and she was able to live out the rest of her days with you in peace! :) Like others have said...it's never easy to let a pet go...I have had my share that I have had to let go of...but in the end it's the right thing to end their suffering and let them be in final peace.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
SkinSand said:
Sorry KH. I know how that feels. The last two family pets we had needed to be put to sleep. The first was a 6 year old american eskimo with leukimia and the other was a chow. I can still remember that last walk...And my dad putting her in the back of the truck. I don't think anyone can realy know what unconditional love is without owning a dog.

Amen. Unconditional love. They love you no matter what you've done, what you're doing, or what you're going to do. They love you with all their being...as long as you are good to them.

That's one of the many reasons that I love animals more than I love most people...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts