Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruising along a street when a moped pulled up right next to me on my right side. He was close enough that I could have slaped him with my left hand. I yelled "get the [email protected] out of my lane." Moped riders :lame. :spank

Sorry had to rant...

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I like to turn to the teenagers that do that and ask, "What? Do I owe you money or something?"

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
gimmie my 2 dollars... I want my 2 dollars

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i had a moped rider come up on my left side pretty close last summer. we got stopped at a stop light, she is this little dainly executive type woman. so i look over at her, flip up my visor, and yelled, "hey, wheelie that thing!" she gave me a dirty look when the light turned green, she flogged the squirrels and took off at about 30 mph. i was lmao as i was passing her.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
You haven't experienced scooter riders until you've been to Europe, it's crazy over here. Kids seriously get into modding them, custom exhaust (or just punch holes in the stock exhaust to make it REAL loud), suspension, wheels, tires. They are all over at all of the MotoGP events, making all kinds of noise. Then we also have the population of 85 year old women (no I'm not exagerrating) I saw one woman today walking all slow with a cane hunched way over towards I scooter, she hopped on, threw on her half helmet, secured the cane, and took off.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ordie said:
haha

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
firefighter81 said:
You haven't experienced scooter riders until you've been to Europe, it's crazy over here. Kids seriously get into modding them, custom exhaust (or just punch holes in the stock exhaust to make it REAL loud), suspension, wheels, tires. They are all over at all of the MotoGP events, making all kinds of noise. Then we also have the population of 85 year old women (no I'm not exagerrating) I saw one woman today walking all slow with a cane hunched way over towards I scooter, she hopped on, threw on her half helmet, secured the cane, and took off.
Yep! When I was in Rome I watched a kid and his girlie friend take a spill on a pebbled road. Their skin was F'd up!

I always see mopeds around here and they always pull wheelies as they go by me in the opposite direction. I crack up everytime. Baby squids in training.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Lol, I remeber that kid he freaked me out!

Come on be kind to Scooter people, you know they have to be mocked by all their friends.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
dude when riding to work everyday i come accross 2 elderly ladies that ride a moped.. its funny & they're pretty cool & waive.. funny though cuz both are pretty heavy set women on 1 moped

·
Speed Racer
1,650 Posts
I live in a costal community and mopeds are all over. I always want to pass them in their lane at about double the speed they are doing. I know that sounds really bad but, in traffic around here it becomes really handy to have a bike. I've torn by them really fast but i've come to my senses and don't do it any more. Its stupid and immature.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I want my 2 dollars ! LMAO, I thought I was the only one that remembers that. "Better off dead" is the name of that movie, I think.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I can't stand scooters and mopeds on the street. Freaking toys. Like Power Wheels for adults. Here, you'll see some putz on a wannabe M/C holding up an entire lane of traffic so they can mosey along.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
firefighter81 said:

Ha, you don't need to go to europe to experience loons on peds. We have huge gangs of em here in Hawaii riding 90mph $7000+ and up tricked to the nines and more. And they all ride like they left the brain at home. Polished everything alloy, big bore kits, nawzzzz, trick rims, sticky tires, hi rev clutches (lets the revs come way up before engaging for manic launches) it's not uncommon to see a 105cc big bore with a 38mm flat slide hangin out in the breeze... some of these things are SERIOUSLY FAST! piloted by 12-15 year old morons wearing a tank top surfer shorts and rubber slippers..... With some of the trickest paint work imagainable, usd forks, olins shock and about every hot/trick thing under the Japanese sun.... Some of them are real works of art driven by a kid whose daddy buys the brat anything he wants.... There's even stretched full on drag peds that do sub 12 sec runs! :dunno :alky
Some of them can really ride too.... 3 abrest wheeling at 60+ screaming down the road is fairly common. They also road race un Tantlus Drive one of the best twisty roads over here full of switch backs, hairpins and long sweepers. Very tight road and a sportbike has a helluva time even hanging with some of these punks.
The real loons are the ones on the modded YSR 50's some of them have 125 YZ motocrosser engines tucked in em and trick everything.... those lil buggers are bad ass.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
(homer) mmmmmmmm YSR50's ahhhcchcchhh! My kid is definetley gonna ride a YSR50 or something similar when he/she gets to be about 5, but NOT A SCOOTER.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Scooters (400cc+) are just fine. They do 90 and can do highway traffic.
I HATE seeing little 48cc mopeds on the street doing 20 and slowing traffic, though. Luckily, they're pretty rare around here, which is surprising given the area where I live.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup the mopeds in Hawaii can get nutz. They have more chrome then a blinged out Busa. I hate mopeds. One even gave me a nod the other day as we passed.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Once i was driving home from work late at night on a saturday, and i come to a stop at ared light. I started to hear what seemed like a go-kart or something coming up behind me. I turned around to look and I saw 20-30 mopeds. They surrounded me at the light like a little gang of mopeds. So when the light turned green i hit the gas and left them way behind. Kinda weird though. Never seen a moped gang before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why all of the hate for kids on scooters?
You do realize that these kids are the next generation of sportbike riders.
It would seem that it would make more since to teach these kids the correct way to ride on the roads than to yell at them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was just thinking I am going to get a scooter for my kids by about age 5. Teach them how to ride and then they can shift gears later. I also see scooters like the suzuki burgman on the freeway and they are definitely not tying up traffic. They are always spliting through the gridlock.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts