Sport Bikes banner

Ya or Na

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you seen this? It comes out in 2005 but will only be available (at first) in Europe.
From what I've read. It will have a 1700cc motor. Basically a RS Warrior engine in Olympic condition.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I've read a couple of articles about it in Cycle World. It sounds like it's going to be a powerhouse. I'd love to ride it!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
it being a yamaha has a big influence on everyone

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I gotta admit, I'm intrigued by it. I'm not normally a fan of naked bikes, but that one has a certain attitude about it. Plus it's a Yamaha :twofinger

That rear suspension looks really trick, I wonder how it actually functions though. That's a big spring that seems like it could get bouncy. I'd love to take it for a spin though to see how it handles. If it's anything like Yamaha's other bikes, it will be razor sharp, but with boatloads of tourque.

Anyone notice the chain is on the wrong (ok, opposite ;) ) side?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Looks ok, what really gets my goat is the fun that nimble frame and v-twin power will get you!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I still can't quiet make a decision

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like unique things and I like the looks of this bike. Kind of reminds me of a Buell X1, very minimalistic and the engine is all exposed hung from a nicely built frame with care.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Obviously that pic is of the prototype... no way that's ready for the street. I'm interested in seeing what the version that consumers can buy looks like.

Also, anyone think that the footpegs are a bit high and back? Looks like most people's legs will be folded pretty far back when riding it... not to mention that it'll get really hot when the exhaust heats up.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
sjlee said:
Obviously that pic is of the prototype... no way that's ready for the street. I'm interested in seeing what the version that consumers can buy looks like.

Also, anyone think that the footpegs are a bit high and back? Looks like most people's legs will be folded pretty far back when riding it... not to mention that it'll get really hot when the exhaust heats up.
Yeah, I noticed that too. And if your legs were on the pegs could you imagine how many pairs of pants would get cooked on the engine? Looks like your leg would rest nicely on the side of the engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FZ1 Matt said:
I will own one of those when they come to the US.
Thats where the problem lies. There are no plans at the moment to bring this bike to the states. What the hell!! They take an american style V-Twin and Buell, mix it up with some Japanese no how and sell it in Europe!! Thats BS if you ask me. :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts