Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New to riding here, pretty set on the Ninja 500R as my first bike. BUT, given it's a little weak in the looks department, and the possibility is very high I will need something more powerful very soon- Is it the worst thing in the world to start on something like a Yamaha YZF600R, new or used? I've heard they are more forgiving than most 600cc super sports. Opinions??

·
Registered
308 Posts
RJS1997 said:
Hey all. New to riding here, pretty set on the Ninja 500R as my first bike. BUT, given it's a little weak in the looks department, and the possibility is very high I will need something more powerful very soon- Is it the worst thing in the world to start on something like a Yamaha YZF600R, new or used? I've heard they are more forgiving than most 600cc super sports. Opinions??

The YZF600 is still lots of bike for someone who has never seen two wheels before. If you're interested in becoming a better rider, the 500 would be a better choice.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I have a yzf600r and it will hold its own against any late model R6. My bike is slightly moded though so they are not that tame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies fellas. I will most likely stick with the Ninja 500 as my choice. I wonder how people decided what bike was best for them before the internet became such a widely used tool!?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Before the internet people found out the hard way. Trial and error. If they died quickly my guess is that the bike may have been too much for them!?

·
Registered
108 Posts
500Rs are great starter bikes...and about the looks, you totally forget about it once you're on the thing and moving, it's just too much of a blast to ride

good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts