Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yamaha Lower Cowl - Opinions

Well I got off the phone with my dealers parts guy he said he could get me the lower cowl for $260.00 anyone else get a deal like this or know of anything better ? Plus I have a $25.00 off if I use my Yamaha credit card to get it.. :lol

Just looking for some opinions....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was quoted $269 by my local dealer. No discount that I know of. MSRP is $299 per Yamaha's web site. I am definitely getting it in the next month or so, so can you maybe PM me your dealers info if they can give me the same discount?

Also, I have been trying to find pictures of Yamaha's lower but there aren't many available cause I am trying to choose between the few on the market for the FZ6. I like the Topline lower but I think it looks good on the Blue FZ6. Too much silver I think for a Silver FZ6 cause it's shaped much different from Yamaha's. So I am thinking the Yamaha one.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
WTVa said:
Well I got off the phone with my dealers parts guy he said he could get me the lower cowl for $260.00 anyone else get a deal like this or know of anything better ? Plus I have a $25.00 off if I use my Yamaha credit card to get it.. :lol

Just looking for some openions....

Thanks
For that price you have the option of looking at the TCP one as well (about $270 us) If they can ship it with out seat cowl order to me it would be much less than that.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZeuSeason said:
I was quoted $269 by my local dealer. No discount that I know of. MSRP is $299 per Yamaha's web site. I am definitely getting it in the next month or so, so can you maybe PM me your dealers info if they can give me the same discount?

Also, I have been trying to find pictures of Yamaha's lower but there aren't many available cause I am trying to choose between the few on the market for the FZ6. I like the Topline lower but I think it looks good on the Blue FZ6. Too much silver I think for a Silver FZ6 cause it's shaped much different from Yamaha's. So I am thinking the Yamaha one.
Sounds like you have about the same price less the -$25.00 off cupon thing I got from Yamaha when I got my credit card from them., I would think after shipping it may cost more, I may have to give him a call and see if he is willing to lower the price if we can get more people to consider this unit.. We will have to see, you never know till you ask. Is anyone else interested in this ??
If you still like to get the dealer information PM me, I shoot it over to you.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FAZR6 said:
For that price you have the option of looking at the TCP one as well (about $270 us) If they can ship it with out seat cowl order to me it would be much less than that.
Thats a good idea, Just took a peek at the TCP piece, I have to be honest it just dosen't look right to me and dosen't flow but thats my openion. I might just have to stick with Yamaha with this price plus isn't the yamaha one like the front fender with the color embeded into the material opposed to having it painted like the TCP or others ?? Just something I have heard, which could be all wrong.
I will say they (TCP) still have the best looking seat cowl, Thats why I have one of them on order too :D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
WTVa said:
Sounds like you have about the same price less the -$25.00 off cupon thing I got from Yamaha when I got my credit card from them., I would think after shipping it may cost more, I may have to give him a call and see if he is willing to lower the price if we can get more people to consider this unit.. We will have to see, you never know till you ask. Is anyone else interested in this ??
If you still like to get the dealer information PM me, I shoot it over to you.
Cool, I am waiting for a return quote from my local guy. I'm not sure if I have that $25 off coupon so I may need to dig thru my pile of paperwork to see if I have it and save some $$$. Group buy would be cool if we could get people interested. Shipping would prolly cost atleast $25 so I might be better off getting my local guy down and going with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
WTVa said:
Thats a good idea, Just took a peek at the TCP piece, I have to be honest it just dosen't look right to me and dosen't flow but thats my openion. I might just have to stick with Yamaha with this price plus isn't the yamaha one like the front fender with the color embeded into the material opposed to having it painted like the TCP or others ?? Just something I have heard, which could be all wrong.
I will say they (TCP) still have the best looking seat cowl, Thats why I have one of them on order too :D

The lower cowl is painted, matches perfect. Heres a couple photos of mine.

Attachments

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Well, ok... "an opinion" I think the Yamaha one looks the best. As you said it "flows" better. So I would say that plus the 25 off, I would go with that one. Oh, and as far as I know, it is painted ABS.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
:headbang
Patron_of_Wrath said:
$260.00 for a little piece of plastic..

You can call that a 'deal' if you want.
Okay I will call it deal then anything less than full retail I consider a deal no matter what the price is. :D
To each there own on what they want to spend on there bikes and how they want them to look, thats just my opinion :headbang
FYI decided this week to go with the Yamaha one will order it next week.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My o-p-i-n-i-o-n is that the Top-Line belly pan looks better than both the TCP and Yamaha units. But as we all know, go with what works for you :).

+2cents and a spelling lesson

1 - 11 of 11 Posts