Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone make the comparrison? The thought of saving $200 +/- by getting a Yamaha gel seat has me aroused.

·
stayin' sucka free
1,394 Posts
Just a word of caution about the use of gel in seats, or in seat pads... they absorb, hold, and radiate heat like a mofo... and depending on where you live in CA, the chances of your bike sitting in the sun is great.

Gel give a whole new meaning to the phrase: sitting in the hot seat

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lucky_Devil said:
Just a word of caution about the use of gel in seats, or in seat pads... they absorb, hold, and radiate heat like a mofo... and depending on where you live in CA, the chances of your bike sitting in the sun is great.

I did not know that, thanks. My testies thanks you as well.

·
Professional Cat Herder
712 Posts
Lucky_Devil said:

That is one of the reasons Corbin no longer offers gel inserts.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
I don't think Corbins are worth the money. I have sat on some friend rides with the Corbins and I was really not impressed. I think you are paying more for the name. I would personally take the seat apart and install thicker foam and have an upholstery shop recover it with what ever I thought would look good with the bike. I have one of those memory foam beds and I sleep really well on it. I would just use the memory foam personally.

I found that my stock seat is comfortable if you just scoot back on it. I does not pinch the back of your thighs. It puts you in more of a sportbike position, but I alternate front to back depending on conditions. Seems to work well enough not to warrant altering the seat.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Guitar Man said:
I don't think Corbins are worth the money. I have sat on some friend rides with the Corbins and I was really not impressed. I think you are paying more for the name. I would personally take the seat apart and install thicker foam and have an upholstery shop recover it with what ever I thought would look good with the bike. I have one of those memory foam beds and I sleep really well on it. I would just use the memory foam personally.

I found that my stock seat is comfortable if you just scoot back on it. I does not pinch the back of your thighs. It puts you in more of a sportbike position, but I alternate front to back depending on conditions. Seems to work well enough not to warrant altering the seat.

For people with a Corbin butt, they work great. I have owned two Corbins on previous bikes and they were great. Their foam is more dense than memory foam. After having owned a Sargent modified seat, which is good, it does not compare to a Corbin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts