Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha is offering a finance deal of $39/month for 2 years then it goes to 9.99% for the balance of the loan.

What do you all think? And since this will be the first *NEW* bike I've ever bought what should I be looking out for? What do I get with a *NEW* motorcycle?

Thanks,

Fernando

·
Registered
36 Posts
well, i did a little math on that offer and this is what i got just to give you an idea of what you get on those $39 a month deals, say you purchased a 8500 bike from yamaha and took a 5 year loan on it, after the 1st two years is up your payment will be around $326/month. i think i would rather pay around $215 a month the whole 5 years then do the $39 deal. the choice is yours but i just wanted to help you out. good luck...... also, you will be very upside down on the value of the bike in the first two year in the case you wreck/have to sell the bike in the first two years.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you make a point. however if you paid 100 a month on that 8500 loan when they compute the interest it will only be on 6100. right?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
go check out your bank or heck! even better, go to your local Credit Union. They usually have better intrest rates. Mine through my CU at the time on the 929RR was only at 5.9% better then any dealer could give me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looked into thiss a little more. apparently its a credit card not a loan. so im going to take this offer up on my local yamaha dealer and see about that r6. wifey says to pay 150 a month. after 2 years its 3600 of whatever ive financed. then i will finance it through my bank. my banks best rate is 6.5% assuming i financed 8500 my monthly payment would be $166.xx.

Bottom Line this allows some flexibility in payments etc...

Fernando

·
Registered
260 Posts
and this r6 is ur first bike or did i misread that?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and i quote myself:

911_abuser said:
Yamaha is offering a finance deal of $39/month for 2 years then it goes to 9.99% for the balance of the loan.

What do you all think? And since this will be the first *NEW* bike I've ever bought what should I be looking out for? What do I get with a *NEW* motorcycle?

Thanks,

Fernando

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went the same route thru Kawasaki for my 2004 ZX6R and they paid my sales tax for me. It was sales tax or helmet so I opted for the sales tax because I didn't like the helmet selection they had. I wanted an extra helmet anyway so I bought an HJC helmet at the time of purchase to get me by until my Vemar VSR helmet came in. The finance deal gives me flexibility on a month to month basis and I didn't have to carry full coverage insurance, which was the primary reason for me. I'm still searching for affordable insurance with no luck. I think everyone's situation is different, loan, credit card or cash. The insurance rates are what affected me so I choose the Kawasaki finance deal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ARZX636Ryder said:
I went the same route thru Kawasaki for my 2004 ZX6R and they paid my sales tax for me. It was sales tax or helmet so I opted for the sales tax because I didn't like the helmet selection they had. I wanted an extra helmet anyway so I bought an HJC helmet at the time of purchase to get me by until my Vemar VSR helmet came in. The finance deal gives me flexibility on a month to month basis and I didn't have to carry full coverage insurance, which was the primary reason for me. I'm still searching for affordable insurance with no luck. I think everyone's situation is different, loan, credit card or cash. The insurance rates are what affected me so I choose the Kawasaki finance deal.
good point, i forgot that you can go without full coverage on those factory financing from yamaha and kawasaki

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Buy the FZ6. $6500 msrp. Then the first 2 tears pay on it like it was going out of style. All of the first two years worth of payments over $39 would go toward principle. Then after 2 years you would have reasonable payments at the higher apr AND would have paid much less for the bike after the 5 years.

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
MaxOwner said:
I never understood the point of financing a bike when it can be tottaled so easy
Because one might not want to plunk down 10k for a bike.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i had 10k for a bike i still wouldnt buy it outright. buying a bike outright is the dumb investment when you consider that if you dont have full coverage and you total it you have lost 10k. where as if you wreck a bike 2 days into your financing agreement and for example can no longer afford to pay you can claim bankruptcy. NOT THAT ID WANT TO, but that is an option.

this point is moot though if you are paying for full coverage.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
With the Yamaha card they will ask 1% of what you finance for the first 24 months. If you get an R6 and finance say $8,800 then your minimum monthly payment will be $88. Then a finance charge based on your credit will take effect for the remainder. Yamaha has four levels of finance charges. You have to have DAMN great credit to get the lowest interest rate. Most people think their credit is far better than it really is.

The bonus is that if you finance under $10,000 then Yamaha will only ask for liability insurance.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Squid Killer said:
The bonus is that if you finance under $10,000 then Yamaha will only ask for liability insurance.
is that really a bonus? the R6 is one of the top 10 stolen bikes in the country. does it make sense to have lia. only? i under stand yammy's point, since ins. is so high on sportbikes, but from the buyers point it makes sense financially, but not a very smart idea overall.......... :dunno

1 - 16 of 16 Posts