Sport Bikes banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
rg-one said:
That bagster seat looks awesome! Looks very similar to the Top Saddlery. However, from their site, it looks like this is just a seat cover of some sort, and not an actual replacement seat?

Please post more info, would be very curious to know more. Price for one, and also, it looks like it isn't angled down like the stock (nut crusher) and the passenger wouldn't slide down onto you.

More info! :) :)
I like the idea of the mini back rest. What is the price range of this model? I visited the website, but could not find pricing info.

Also, like the idea that you have both the touring and db screens. Which screen do you use for which season, and why the switch? Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am still learning.

Sorry - i haven't been on the site to respond - took a spill on the eve of the bank holiday and ended up in hospital. Am very pleased to say that all my safety gear did its thing and i don't have any broken bones just some deep bruising. My leather trousers, which have armour in the knee and hip are a very very sorry sight to see -there's actually an impression of the armour burned into them now.:) Also my boot has some dreadful gouge marks from my foot being trapped under the bike and being dragged along - i dread what would have happened if i had been wearing ankle high safety boots instead of my boots which come to about a handspan below my knee!! Still waiting to hear how my baby is - but i truly hope that since i broke its fall that the frame is intact and therefore the bike won't be a write off!

Right - my seat is a completely new replacement seat. You can send them your own seat and they will recover it in the colours and trim that you want. they also sculpt it to give it that very clear division between the rider and the pillion and that teeny bum rest! That takes up to three weeks and i didn't want to be without mine for that long so i ordered a completely new seat and with a gel pad for the rider . That meant the cost for a completely new seat was £300 but if you then send them your original seat as a swop, after you receive your replacement they will send you a £50 refund which is what i did.
that sounds a lot but i spend ALL my time on my bike - i only commute three days a week of 70 miles round trip each trip yet in nine months i have put 11,500 miles on my bike because no matter what the weather i have to pop out - at weekends i go for very very long rides and i also have been on holiday around france on it.

Not being a bloke i don;t have the nut problem! but yes the new seat doesn't slope like the other one did. I also haven't had a pilliion on there but have ridden pillion myself when someone else rode my bike and found that it was very comfortable - very clearly your own seat and you don't slide forward.
i think to order the seat it is best to go to a dealer so that you can see the colour swatches in person.

I have the two screens because i couldn't make up my mind! The touring one i use when it is wintertime. This is because i don't tend to crouch down on the bike in wintertime as i am not doing the faster speeds i do in the summer. Therefore i need more wind and rain protection for my more sedate riding. In the summer time i live for fast riding and going out on the twisties. Both myself and the bike tend to slim down - i swop my bulky heated gear for fitted leathers and i don't put lots of luggage on my baby. The db screen helps with the image as it looks sexier and sleaker and i'm back to crouching down more behind the screen.
Yes mate it's all about looks and feel:fiddy

Dang. Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're OK. One more testament to wearing proper leather/armour... :bowdown .

Although, in high speed and high-speed collision accidents the risks are still very high compared to being in a cage.

re the bicycle pants question, yes I have them and yes I like them. They do make it a bit more comfortable, but be advised I also find the stock FZ6 seat perfectly comfortable (more comfortable on long rides than short).

jZ

Quicksilva said:
Sorry - i haven't been on the site to respond - took a spill on the eve of the bank holiday and ended up in hospital. Am very pleased to say that all my safety gear did its thing and i don't have any broken bones just some deep bruising. My leather trousers, which have armour in the knee and hip are a very very sorry sight to see -there's actually an impression of the armour burned into them now.:) Also my boot has some dreadful gouge marks from my foot being trapped under the bike and being dragged along - i dread what would have happened if i had been wearing ankle high safety boots instead of my boots which come to about a handspan below my knee!! Still waiting to hear how my baby is - but i truly hope that since i broke its fall that the frame is intact and therefore the bike won't be a write off!

Right - my seat is a completely new replacement seat. You can send them your own seat and they will recover it in the colours and trim that you want. they also sculpt it to give it that very clear division between the rider and the pillion and that teeny bum rest! That takes up to three weeks and i didn't want to be without mine for that long so i ordered a completely new seat and with a gel pad for the rider . That meant the cost for a completely new seat was £300 but if you then send them your original seat as a swop, after you receive your replacement they will send you a £50 refund which is what i did.
that sounds a lot but i spend ALL my time on my bike - i only commute three days a week of 70 miles round trip each trip yet in nine months i have put 11,500 miles on my bike because no matter what the weather i have to pop out - at weekends i go for very very long rides and i also have been on holiday around france on it.

Not being a bloke i don;t have the nut problem! but yes the new seat doesn't slope like the other one did. I also haven't had a pilliion on there but have ridden pillion myself when someone else rode my bike and found that it was very comfortable - very clearly your own seat and you don't slide forward.
i think to order the seat it is best to go to a dealer so that you can see the colour swatches in person.

I have the two screens because i couldn't make up my mind! The touring one i use when it is wintertime. This is because i don't tend to crouch down on the bike in wintertime as i am not doing the faster speeds i do in the summer. Therefore i need more wind and rain protection for my more sedate riding. In the summer time i live for fast riding and going out on the twisties. Both myself and the bike tend to slim down - i swop my bulky heated gear for fitted leathers and i don't put lots of luggage on my baby. The db screen helps with the image as it looks sexier and sleaker and i'm back to crouching down more behind the screen.
Quicksilva:

Thanks very much for the reply! I dont' know how easily I can have this done as I am over in the States, but I am going to email them and find out. I really like the look of your seat. I'm worried that the cost might be too much though, as in, too close to the cost of a Top Saddlery, which wouldn't require sending my current seat in. Hmm...

Also, very sorry to hear about your get off. I hope everything is healing well. Not fun! Take care...

Willie - get out and ride already! We want to know if this seat is the answer to all our problems! :)

We're still in a weather funk here, but it's looks like it's getting better. I should have a review for you by the end of next week.

I'm not sure i can solve all of your problems, but hopefully the seat will be a good start... ;)

80 miles yesterday! First thing I noticed was the seat is harder than stock but I am sitting on my butt and not my tailbone. The seat is more rounded so my legs didn't get numb from the sharp drop off like it did with the stock seat. It was very easy to move around on and change seating positions on. Great improvement over the stock seat! The only thing I think would have been nice was if they would have put a front lip on it like the Saddlry seats.

FZSportrider said:
80 miles yesterday! First thing I noticed was the seat is harder than stock but I am sitting on my butt and not my tailbone.

I don't know dude.. Harder than the stock seat isn't really a ringing endorsement..I was hoping for a firmy, cushy sort of response..

Quicksilva said:
Sorry - Not being a bloke i don;t have the nut problem! but i like to slide forward. i tend to crouch down on the bike. i need more protection for my fast riding . fitted leathers and i don't put on baby. sexier and sleaker and i'm back to crouching down more .
Your words are so sexy and sleek...Sorry about you not having a nut problem. I hope you are healing well, good luck with the bike. Feel better and keep us posted . :leghump :moon :bongs :2fingers Laugh it off !

Hope this thread is still alive.
About the stock FZ6 seats. I've seen a couple 07 FZ6's in person.
If you go to the Yamaha.com site and find your way to the FZ6 photo galley, look at the pic. of the seat on the red FZ. The seat has several seams and appears to be more of a fabric like material. I asked my local dealer and he had no answer.
I've also seen pics. of many 07's on this site and the seats do not have any seams.
I have not seen anyone comment on this issue.
Am I freaking seeing things?

Someone, anyone please take a look at the photo gallery and let me know.

BTW I've been trying to paste the pic of that seat but I get logged off. WTF.
Also, the seat from "ansonvilletmm's" link on 3/27 is not the seat I'm talking about.

Quicksilva, thanks!

I am sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear about the quality of your gear (and you) :banana My accident is still fresh in my mind a year later.

Also, thanks for the tips on the seat.

Quicksilva said:

I put the comfort seat on yesterday. Went 150 miles on it, it is harder, its more rounded and allows me to flat foot the bike where before I was on the toes and balls of my feet. 5'8" 32" inseam. It seems to hold more heat, or transfer more heat from the engine. It is comfortable, and as I understand it, over time it will break in to my body and become more comfortable. It also does not fit as well as the stock seat. Large gap at the tank, and sticks up from the rear where the pan is supposed to seat.
Here are some pics.

EDIT
Also at least twice as heavy. VERY HEAVY.

Attachments

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.