Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting, but I've gotten alot of great info from this forum. Currently I ride a 2005 silver FZ6 with a few mods, but I'm looking to replace the stock seat and windscreen. I've heard about the Corbin, but I was wondering if anyone had tried the Yamaha comfort seat listed on their website?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/430/1795/15909/all/1/6933/0/detail.aspx

Also, I was looking into the Puig double bouble windscreen and noticed they also have a 'touring' option. Does anyone have pics or advise on the Puig touring screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Doing a search will uncover a LOT of conversation on windscreens. My recollection is that they don't fit as well as stock along the fairing.

As far as the seat goes, I have a sciatic condition which puts comfort at a premium. I ordered a Corbin before I left the dealer, but actually had second thoughts because I found the stock seat pretty comfortable (not really in the majority on that, though.) The Corbin has been perfect ... wider where it counts and certainly comfortable. I ordered mine with piping that matched the color of the bike. If the price is similar, I certainly wouldn't pass on the Corbin.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ansonvilletmm said:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/430/1795/15909/all/1/6933/0/detail.aspx

Also, I was looking into the Puig double bouble windscreen and noticed they also have a 'touring' option. Does anyone have pics or advise on the Puig touring screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You don't list a year for your bike. Is it a 2007? If not, this seat will not fit. Click the link and select any year but 2007 and there is no seat option.

I cannot speak for the Puig but I have the tall Yammie screen. Works as expected pushing a lot more air over my helmet but at the sacrifice for a louder ride. More wind resistance = more wind noise. Nothing ear plugs can't cover though...

-Eric

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an '07, but I still have the seat from my '06 that was stolen. I'll dig out the '06 seat this weekend and try it on the '07. My guess is it would fit just fine but I'll verify it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may be wrong, but I don't think the seat changed from 06 to 07. Of course, the yamaha seat is only $40 cheaper than the corbin.

As for the windscreen, I searched the site and could not find anything on the Puig "Touring" screen, I'm hoping someone has some pics or info.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
FZ6-KEP said:
The seat hasn't changed for '07
Isn't it strange that selecting a year other than 2007 on the Yammie site shows no seat available? Are you basing this in hands-on trial and error?

·
Registered
18 Posts
FZ6-KEP said:
The seat hasn't changed for '07
Well it has but by the looks of it, it's only Europe that has got the new corbin style seat. Picked up my 07 last Tuesday and the new seat is a big improvement over my 06. I put 180 miles on the bike the first day i got it and the seat was very comfortable.

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Short Yellow bus rider
223 Posts
Have anyone tried the bicycle gel padded shorts? The cheaper alternative, maybe? What are your thoughts?
TIA

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
He posted the requested pics of the Puig Touring screen... requested in the first post?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the pics Jim_R

I like the look of the puig over the yamaha tall, But how does it perform? I've found that the stock windshield is terrible for interstate driving, at 6'1 the wind moves my helmet around constantly.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think the touring shield offers alot more protection from wind that the stock at any speed and does NOT increase wind noise (yamaha tall one supposedly does increase it). It looks alot better than the double bubble puig as well(looks like a gingerbread house haha).

I saw all these corbin seats and top saddery whatever. So I took my seat apart and cut some foam out from the underside. I popped in a bicycle gel seat from walmart for a whoppin 13.95 (ghetto i know) but it works. I just restapled it back and it feels better than stock. I bought an extra seat off ebay for 49.00 so i wouldnt ruin my original seat, just in case.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts