Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha Canada "R Series Appreciation Day" - Aug. 27, Shannonville Motorsport Park

Other Canadian owners receive this invite yet?

- Demo rides for 2005 R1, R6, FZ1, FZ6, FJR1300, FZ600r, Warrior 1700
- World of Yamaha, all product display.
- Seminars by Yamaha Service Dept.
- Poker Run
- DYNO Shoot Out (Free dyno runs??)
- BBQ Lunch
- Show & Shine Competition (Oooh my FZ6 is gonna be the nicest!!)

Looks like fun for a free event if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Hmmm sounds like fun

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That sounds very interesting. Where did you get the invite? Mail?

Oh, and not to upset you but, my bike will kick your bike's ass. :lao

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I got it in the mail. I'm sure you'll see yours soon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I met a guy from Yamaha Canada in the future shop parking lot in Newmarket. He thought my bike was a "totally unique" fz6. All I have is aftermarket windscreen, taillight and reflective decals. What a tool!! If mine is totally unique wait till he sees FAZR6's. Anyway, he told me about it and I think i'll go, although I didn't recieve an official invite like Binary.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
JoN31 said:
I met a guy from Yamaha Canada in the future shop parking lot in Newmarket. He thought my bike was a "totally unique" fz6. All I have is aftermarket windscreen, taillight and reflective decals. What a tool!! If mine is totally unique wait till he sees FAZR6's. Anyway, he told me about it and I think i'll go, although I didn't recieve an official invite like Binary.
At the rate all FZ6 riders are going about the mods, the bike kept stock will surely become unique. :lao

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A recent trip to my dealership had them amazed by my bike. They never had anybody buy one from them and mod it before. They were very impressed with the sounds of the Two Brothers, in particular. One sales guy got all the other sales guys to come for a demo/look at my FZ. They were all smiling, I guess they really didn't expect to see this bike to get modded as mine is, because it's not a typical racerboy bike.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Strange that you guys aren't wanted. If you ride up on an FZ6 can they really turn you away for not being a Yamaha sport owner?

Is it worth meeting somewhere intermediate and then riding there together?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Strange that you guys aren't wanted. If you ride up on an FZ6 can they really turn you away for not being a Yamaha sport owner?
We can face it...you're the chosen one.

Binary Jay said:
Is it worth meeting somewhere intermediate and then riding there together?
I'd probably go via back roads. You'll head out on the 401? If you do, then the best place for me to meet you would be around Cobourg or Port Hope. Waddya think?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probably use the 401 yes... wherever is clever. Hopefully I have my GPS delivered by then but I'm not holding my breath.

Heavy FZ6 said:
We can face it...you're the chosen one.

I'd probably go via back roads. You'll head out on the 401? If you do, then the best place for me to meet you would be around Cobourg or Port Hope. Waddya think?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Probably use the 401 yes... wherever is clever. Hopefully I have my GPS delivered by then but I'm not holding my breath.
Jay, Buddy, I don't think a GPS is required for this one.

Directions to the park:

From Toronto: Hwy 401 east approx. 150km (90miles) east to Exit #556 - Shannonville Rd. Proceed south on Shannonville Rd, which ends at Old Hwy #2. Go east on Old Hwy #2, we are approx 7 kms from this point on the left hand side.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I so want to come...what time you guys leaving? and where from?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
klouseau said:
I so want to come...what time you guys leaving? and where from?
I doubt you'll want to pass through Barrie on your way. I have friends in Peterborough and I might see if I can stay there the night before. I'd be more than happy to meet up with you someplace along the 401. Maybe you'll see Jay going in circles out there, with his white cane and no GPS, and you can get him back on track. :lol

PS - Like the name change??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jennifer,
if I go I'll slab it the whole way- QE, 403, 401 most likely. Give me a shout if you're going the same way. (I'm near Hamilton)

Jay,
what's the deal, demo rides on the track? usual track rules? I ask because I have a flip-up helmet, and my jacket only zips 1/3 on my pants, not all the way around. Can't get away with that at track days, but I wonder if they'll care. They're not really gonna let us flog their bikes anyway, is my guess.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts