Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys that have Yahoo email get lots of emails into your Bulk Folders?

I seem to have at least 5 or 6 a day and they all had some attachment with a virus that was disabled.

Just curious....

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I don't have this problem. I only get maybe 1 bulk email a month. But then again, I hardly ever use my Yahoo account.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Yes, I get one a day in my bulk email that is an ever returning virus attachment. I just delete it........... the name skoorpio is attached to it often. No more then this one usually though..........

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get a few but not like that, and only coz I signed up on a website to receive such mail..

You musta entered your email address somewhere and the site has on-sold your email address

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok Gix I will go check on that...thanks for the tip!! :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have two yahoo accounts. One gets a piece of bulk mail like every 2 weeks. But my main account gets like 20 junk mail a day. I dont even delete it or check it every day. There are like 2500 pieces in there and yahoo just keeps deleting the oldest ones every day.

·
Banned
519 Posts
haha...glad I have Hotmail!

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
ha!!finally i found im not the only one, i get like 20 or 30 a day!!!all on th ebulk mail and it anoys the crap out of me..i don't even check it i just hit the empty button, but how do i know if for some mistake an important email went to the bulk folder..but then again im afraid if i open anything in the bulk folder i'll get a virus...beleive me that's no fun cause i already got a virus that wiped out th whole computer...so i just hit empty

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you won't get a virus as yahoo scans it with Norton already. So you are safe.

I have hotmail too but I choose not to use it as much...yahoo IMing is much better than hotmail..hands down!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Man, if i just hit "empty" i would be screwed. every now and then i get randomly important mail sent to my bulk. thats what sucks...sifting thru all that crap. oh well, what can ya do?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Have the same problem..get about 40 to 100 bulk emails a day. I've had my account for quite awhile now (6 plus years). Every once in awhile I'll go thru and unsubsribe to all of them and i'm good for about a month then I'm back to square one.

Have to try that tip though

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Gix...I did that..so I will check tomm. and see how it goes...all my boxes were checked!! :lol So I unchecked them all!!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
I got 2 spam accounts 1 hotmail 1 yahoo mail, acounts I use to sign up for stuff and my real acct. the spam boxes get avg 200+ ea garbage mails from spammers and accounts I signrd up for with the promis "we never give yer shit away" right

Lol my real box is my friends and it gets about 12 a day mostly friends and a few sneaky spermers err I mean spammers

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've got 1313 in my bulk mail folder now. Doesn't count against your disk space, and they delete the oldest every day. None of mine is due to preferences. I've used yahoo since 1998, so my email addy is out there being sold for over 5 years.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Use free email, get free spam. It's the universe ballancing itself out.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
That doesn't just happen with free email...If you sign up for anything and use an email address...usually you will start to get spam at that email address...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I get about 40 spams a day in my junk mail.. I just delete it. If I dont know whom its from, even in my other email, I also delete it, just to be on the safe side...

not like I get any thing good in there any way... It's all crap

1 - 20 of 27 Posts