Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.xenondepot.com is running a group buy that ends on July 31, 2004. You buy their 4300K HID Conversion Motorcycle kit for $200 shipped through their website. The 4300K is the brighter of the 2 kits (more lumens) and the 8000K kit is basically just for color and not as bright.

To take part in this GB, go to http://www.xenondepot.com/promo and enter the code MKHID.

Each kit includes one bulb, one ballast, and one manual. They advertise them as plug and play (you can get the kits for H1, H4, H7, etc).

This isn't my group buy, I just happened to email them about it and they said they already had one going. I think I'm bout to jump on this once I get paid next week.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That's a pretty good price but I'm not sure about the quality of the ballast. It looks like no-name brand

·
Registered
400 Posts
Frost said:
Well, I'm sure I'll find out. I bet it's better than just a halogen bulb. If the ballast turns out to be wack, I could always find another one elsewhere. Just hope I won't have to do that.
Most of the good ballasts are compatable with D2S bulbs only. These look like they are H7, etc bulbs. I would check into that before purchasing.

·
Registered
584 Posts
hmm, maybe I should get it? :dunno

Not sure how long will I keep the bike though... where would you mount/ground the ballast?

·
Registered
584 Posts
normally (judging by the car installation), ballast has to be not more than 10-15" away from the bulb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts