Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
The PS4 is the superior console in almost every single way, both in terms of performance as well as player/developer options/support.

Microsoft's initial "fuck what players want" and waffling on all their policies (always on etc) also continues to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

(I'm not biased - I'm a PC guy. Never owned a PS3, have owned a 360)

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
i have a day one xbox on order, i just can't stand the PS controller layout. Also, I liked the original Microsoft plan, i feel that i am getting less with the new compromised policies. it will always be on the internet and i don't sell games... now i lost all of the benefits that the DRM policies would have allowed.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Neither at this point.

GTA5 in 2 days, gran turismo 6 in December, metal gear solid 5, deadpool. . .

I believe all of those are PS3 games.
and those games can keep me busy well into next year. probably longer, since I barely game anymore.

Reactions: drummer92

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
"DRM policies" ???
The console needed to ping a server once every 24 hours. In return you play disc-less (which you still can if DL the game instead of buying physical media), digitally share your game library with up to 10 friends, and a few other things that I do not remember. In exchange it made used games harder to sell. I was excited for the disc-less play, no need to get up and swap discs and the discs are always safe and I rarely buy or sell used games so that negative did not affect me.

I am hoping that they eventually work out some sort of compromise, so if no connection can be made then you need to put the disc in.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
The console needed to ping a server once every 24 hours. In return you play disc-less (which you still can if DL the game instead of buying physical media), digitally share your game library with up to 10 friends, and a few other things that I do not remember. In exchange it made used games harder to sell. I was excited for the disc-less play, no need to get up and swap discs and the discs are always safe and I rarely buy or sell used games so that negative did not affect me.

I am hoping that they eventually work out some sort of compromise, so if no connection can be made then you need to put the disc in.
Their DRM and all their other pro-corporate and anti-gamer policies caused A LOT more issues than just that.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I've lately often wished for discless play.

No moving parts in the console....
No dics to scratch, wear out or replace....

Just sell me a digital download.

However I do not know what they are going to throw on to that bandwagon and I may not like it.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
actually, scratch deadpool off that list.

I bought it yesterday, beat it today, and have no desire to play it again. rather disappointing.

add batman arkham origins though.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
9mm vs. .45?
This just isn't even true with the new systems. Both are running the same essentially identical hardware, and both have essentially the same games. Each has their own console specific blockbuster games, but with the new hardware being compatible I'd bet we start seeing more developers releasing games for both systems at the same time.

That being said, I won't be buying either because I'm broke and I'm still quite happy with my xbox360.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Can anyone really explain the major differences in these systems. I have a PS3 and a 360 and my instinct on this is to wait a year until the early adopters work the bugs out and everyone has a real understanding of the pros and cons of both systems.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Playstation = true gamer. fun games. solo fun. better system.

Xbox = Bro gamer cause games are main stream now. only fun FPS online games. Hey brahh.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Can anyone really explain the major differences in these systems. I have a PS3 and a 360 and my instinct on this is to wait a year until the early adopters work the bugs out and everyone has a real understanding of the pros and cons of both systems.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
So Escape - the way to go is the PS not the XBOX?

They both have the same CPU? It is just the peripherals and online connection that is different?

My children have predominantly XBOX360 games - which if what I am reading is true - will work on the XBOX1 - so that is a pretty heavy lever for me.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Playstation = true gamer. fun games. solo fun. better system.

Xbox = Bro gamer cause games are main stream now. only fun FPS online games. Hey brahh.
I beg to differ. I bought the 360 originally because it was more of a gaming machine and geared more towards gaming. The PS3 was geared more towards home media. The main stream games FPS games are on both machines. Xbox you pay for online, PS3 you don't YET, but from what I understand the PS4 is also moving to a pay for online gaming as well. The Xbox360 has slowly become a media machine with the new upgrades and both the XboxOne and PS4 are going to be geared around the whole media/gaming machine in one. As I said in my post, there are only a handful of games for each machine that are strictly geared for that machine, but everything else these days gets released for both machines.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts

They both have the same CPU? It is just the peripherals and online connection that is different?

My children have predominantly XBOX360 games - which if what I am reading is true - will work on the XBOX1 - so that is a pretty heavy lever for me.
The PS is technically more powerful, but I think we will have to wait and see if the difference is even noticeable.

Neither system is backwards compatible.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts