Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to a concert sunday and missed the x games super moto does anyone know who won and what did everyone think of the fmx ive seen better and twitch should have won he had a much better run

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Doug Henry took first, followed by Jeremy McGrath, then Chad Reed, with Eric Bostrom taking fourth.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i thought the step-up contest was funny...MC comes with a $100k+ bike made of titanium and ends up getting beat by clowers on a stock bike with a fmf pipe. Thats good times.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya it shows the bike doesnt matter its all about the rider and clowers has always been the man in step up but i thought he disappeared from the sport but i guess not im just wondering why there were all these riders there and none of them were riding in the free style contest i think the sports getting to crazy and to many are getting hurt or scared lol oh and thanks for the super moto results

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Doug Henry took first
I'll say, he CHECKED OUT on the field. Even my yahoo friends who I was watching Nascar with that day were impressed with how smooth and fast he was.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I missed the races but I saw some clips of Eddy Seel's crash in practice. Not only can the guy ride with the best of them, he also crashes like a champ.

·
Registered
156 Posts
According the EXPN Website Henry won on a YZ400F that he won one of his last Mx's on back in '97

Henry became the first rider to win a supercross race on a four-stroke motorcycle in 1997, and he rode the same Yamaha YZ400F in Sunday's race.
Link Here
http://expn.go.com/expn/story?pageName=050807_supermoto_instant00

Doesn't look good for the factory Honda/KTM boys on 450's.

Henry has some mad skills to pull that off.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
henery got mad skills!!! lol, honestly, i was hoping mcgrath would win it, b/c i used to have his tyco r/c motorcycle thing lol, that was the coolest electric r/c i ever owned!!!! ROFL!!

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i watched it. that was the first time i've seen anything like that. makes me want one of those things. they were on street tires and riding thru the dirt really aggressive and cornering on concrete far better than i will in my lifetime. neat racing for sure.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i was watching that too, i think that the tires have a patch of tread in the center of the tire for the dirt and the rest is street tread, could be wrong tho

yeah, i was wrong, guess that they are street tread: http://www.schuurmanbv.nl/uk/2wheelers/cross.html

·
Registered
229 Posts
from the angles I saw, those looked like straight-up slicks, and I was wondering how in the hell they were getting any grip at all in the dirt. The ramps into and out of the dirt section in the stadium were pretty sweet, at least 2 or 3 riders wound up coming off over the handle bars heading down the ramp into the dirt.

Henry did smoke the field - had over a 20 second lead at one point - but McGrath did a pretty good job of playing catch-up considering he crashed right at the start.

The pit lane was hilarious - it was obvious those guys weren't used to changing tires in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya that was the first time they ever did pit stops in super moto and the tires are normal street tires or dual sport tires but more geared for the street than anything but have just enough tread for the dirt and i think its one of the sickest forms of bike racing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts