Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first bike today, 2005 SV650S :headbang and all I have to say about this bike is just...WOW! This thing is freakin sweet! Sounds great and looks great, it performs quite well...alittle more power than I thought it would have but, oh well. I haven't opend it up yet to see it's true power and don't plan to anytime soon either. Still gotta break it in and I need to learn how the bike reacts before I even think of pushing it. I'll have pictures up soon, just so damned happy right now...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Forgot to add, I paid 6K after the fee's and other BS stuff. So do you guys think I got a good deal on it? I also get 10% off any gear I buy there now, and I got a free pair of gloves, Joe Rocket Nova.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I think that type of bike has fairings, am I correct?

Hope you know what your doing. If its anything like the SV i saw, nice bike. Make sure you look at the pic under your name and make sure you break in the tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SnookayDCC said:
I think that type of bike has fairings, am I correct?

Hope you know what your doing. If its anything like the SV i saw, nice bike. Make sure you look at the pic under your name and make sure you break in the tires.
Yes, the S model has upper fairings, I plan on buying the lower when I get the money. About the tires, the dealer couldn't stress enuf about that or the safety issues. He was by far the best sales person I talked to about buying a bike. He actually sat me down and explianed everything, safety wise, very well so I wouldn't go do anything stupid on my new 6K bike. After that he went over the controls and everything in detial and showed me how it all worked. I take my MSF course tomm. so I plan on doing everything to the book. Don't worry guys I'm not your average stupid squid.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
It's nice to know that you're going to be taking the MSF course. Two thumbs up on that man.

The SV650S is a great bike. I had the FZ6, but the SV was a close second before I decided on the FZ. I hear nothing but great things about the SV. It's also quite comfy if I remember correctly. Congrats and keep the shiny side up!

Military eh? Are you in the 552nd?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
VetteV12 said:
Forgot to add, I paid 6K after the fee's and other BS stuff. So do you guys think I got a good deal on it? I also get 10% off any gear I buy there now, and I got a free pair of gloves, Joe Rocket Nova.
That is a pretty good deal. They are going for over 7k OTD here. I might try and work a deal to get the bike and fairings for 7k. Nice looking bikes.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
VetteV12 said:

Congrats! 6k OTD is a good price - nothing to regret there.

I too have heard nothing but good about the SV - it was very close to being my first bike. Most say its one of the top three beginner 600cc bikes but will still do everything you need it to when you're more experienced.

Getting the full fairing kit later will be good. They look fine without but better with.

Did you say what color you got? I absolutely LOVE the copper color they had out a couple years ago ('03 I believe).

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've never understood why people go out and get a new bike as their first. I mean, it's not a matter if if you will drop it, it's when. I would be afraid to get on a $6000 brand new bike when I was just learning. Why not start off on an old F3 which handles and performs just as good (if not better) than the SV, plus you can find one that's already beat up for cheap so you dont suffer as much of a loss (or feel as bad) when you drop it. Getting a Brand new bike as a first bike is still just not a good idea. My first bike was a 1980 Suzuki GS450 that I picked up for $300. Even if I had it to do over again, that's still the bike I would start out on.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Now post some pics up!!!

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I've never understood why people go out and get a new bike as their first. I mean, it's not a matter if if you will drop it, it's when. I would be afraid to get on a $6000 brand new bike when I was just learning. Why not start off on an old F3 which handles and performs just as good (if not better) than the SV, plus you can find one that's already beat up for cheap so you dont suffer as much of a loss (or feel as bad) when you drop it. Getting a Brand new bike as a first bike is still just not a good idea. My first bike was a 1980 Suzuki GS450 that I picked up for $300. Even if I had it to do over again, that's still the bike I would start out on.
It's his deal. And if/"when" he drops it, it'll be his problem-- don't worry about it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
It's his deal. And if/"when" he drops it, it'll be his problem-- don't worry about it.
I'm not worried about it at all. . .it's not my bike or my money, I just dont get why anyone wouldn't start on a less expensive bike.

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
I'm not worried about it at all. . .it's not my bike or my money, I just dont get why anyone wouldn't start on a less expensive bike.

Whatever dude, it's not your situation. Let him enjoy his new bike, he got it and he's gonna love it. Don't bring rain to his party!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hams51 said:
It's nice to know that you're going to be taking the MSF course. Two thumbs up on that man.

The SV650S is a great bike. I had the FZ6, but the SV was a close second before I decided on the FZ. I hear nothing but great things about the SV. It's also quite comfy if I remember correctly. Congrats and keep the shiny side up!

Military eh? Are you in the 552nd?
Haven't left for basic yet, I leave on Nov. 21st. I've been a DEP for going on 5 months now so it's about damn time I finally got a contract to go in. So I'm all happy about it. Are you going to the Tbird show at Tinker on the 2nd? If so I'll see you there if I can with everything that will be going on.

H2Omax1, reason to get a new bike is:
1) You know it's brand new and no one has recked it or abused the hell out of it
2) If you gotta make payments because you don't have the money right now, why not? I have perfect credit so intrest is nice and low.
3) New is MOST always better than old
4) It's fuel injected, so no damned carb problems
5) ...need I list more?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, hope to see some pics soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
VetteV12 said:
Haven't left for basic yet, I leave on Nov. 21st. I've been a DEP for going on 5 months now so it's about damn time I finally got a contract to go in. So I'm all happy about it. Are you going to the Tbird show at Tinker on the 2nd? If so I'll see you there if I can with everything that will be going on.

H2Omax1, reason to get a new bike is:
1) You know it's brand new and no one has recked it or abused the hell out of it
2) If you gotta make payments because you don't have the money right now, why not? I have perfect credit so intrest is nice and low.
3) New is MOST always better than old
4) It's fuel injected, so no damned carb problems
5) ...need I list more?
you forgot #7 cuz' you felt like it :twofinger

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
H2OMax ----> "I've never understood why people go out and get a new bike as their first. I mean, it's not a matter if if you will drop it, it's when."

I hate to give you bad news but this statement is not just for newbies - gravity always wins and at some point the bike (yours) will most likely fall over. Maybe with you on it, maybe not.

·
Registered
262 Posts
congrats on your new bike!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts