Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went to a dance last night at school and left early by myself. as i walked out to the parking lot a cop (county) followed me out to my bike with a flashlight on me! started askin me all these questions. like what color is it and stuff like that. he aslo used the word "crotchrocket" to describe my bike. he used the excuse that he loves motorcycles. which was probably BS...anyway when we got out there he shined his light on my plate and on the bike. said he liked it and walked off.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chaser said:
Sounds like they we looking for a runner

i havent done anything wrong(i dont think) i asked if i was in trouble and he said no and said that he loves bikes and that he used to motox. i asked what did he have and he stalled a while and finally said a CR250...

·
Registered
839 Posts
sounds like he was actually complimenting your bike...

cops/people refer to my bike as a crotch rocket.. even if they do ride

(obviously this is not people who ride sportbikes, but non the less they ride)

no need for FTP here

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a feeling if I ever get stopped and I take my helmet off the cop will chuckle and tell me to ride safely. I'm a very safe rider and I abide to most of the rules of the road but I do speed on the highway.

The reason for chuckling: I look like I'm 14 at best. A kid at my school was talking to me about bikes and I said I have a GSXR and a 954 and he said he saw some guy on a blue suzuki after school. I told him it was me and he said "Wow you looked a lot older on the bike".

On another note, I just sold my 600!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
As least he was nice to you. I was at a football game last year. As I was walking out, I noticed a cop give me a "better check this kid out" look. So I put that in the back of my mind and continued on. There were a group of kids circled around my bike while I was warming it up. I looked over and saw this cop walking up to where we were. He squirmed his was into the circle and proceeded to do a walk-around on my bike, while taking a long look at my plate. Then he says "don't let me hear you leave this place, I have your plate." Clearly, he just wanted to be a badass.

That was in the Fall. When Spring came, the first day riding my bike into school, these 2 cops and the assistant principal walk up to a friend's bike and mine. They did the walk-around, pointing and things while circling. Then I notice one pointing as the license plate and saying something to the other cop like he was explaining something. I wanted to walk back over there and ask them what the f*cking problem was but I figured it would be best not to.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meh2u said:
I have a feeling if I ever get stopped and I take my helmet off the cop will chuckle and tell me to ride safely. I'm a very safe rider and I abide to most of the rules of the road but I do speed on the highway.

The reason for chuckling: I look like I'm 14 at best. A kid at my school was talking to me about bikes and I said I have a GSXR and a 954 and he said he saw some guy on a blue suzuki after school. I told him it was me and he said "Wow you looked a lot older on the bike".

On another note, I just sold my 600!

same here. people think i look older on a bike.(which is a good thing when the ladies are wavin at me :cool: )

·
Registered
176 Posts
He just wanted to BS about your bike. No, problems here. He was probably bored and just wanted to pass the time. Before I had a bike, I used to talk to strangers about their rides. Doesn't sound like he had any ulterior motive. Side note...I envy you bro! Two bikes at age 16, that is so fricken pimp. :smokin

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I chat up riders all the time on duty. At first, they often think I'm screwing with 'em. I most certainly am not!

The other day this ZX12R pulls up next to me at the light. Nice titanium Ti-Force full exhaust burbling away...
You just know he's itching to get on it.

I motion for him to lift his face shield and ask him if that exhaust is 'street-legal'?

'Yes sir, yes it is!'

'Well then, when the light turns green, I want to HEAR it!'

He looks at me like, HUH?! :eek:

Then I flash up the centerspread from my latest issue of SuperBikes! :cool:

He laughs his ass off and gets on it *a little* at the green light. :D
It sounded sweet, too!

You may not like the individual, but don't be a hater on all of us.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
jk750 said:
I chat up riders all the time on duty. At first, they often think I'm screwing with 'em. I most certainly am not!

The other day this ZX12R pulls up next to me at the light. Nice titanium Ti-Force full exhaust burbling away...
You just know he's itching to get on it.

I motion for him to lift his face shield and ask him if that exhaust is 'street-legal'?

'Yes sir, yes it is!'

'Well then, when the light turns green, I want to HEAR it!'

He looks at me like, HUH?! :eek:

Then I flash up the centerspread from my latest issue of SuperBikes! :cool:

He laughs his ass off and gets on it *a little* at the green light. :D
It sounded sweet, too!

You may not like the individual, but don't be a hater on all of us.

I know there are some cool cops out there but the a-holes get the most attention. Just like some people on bikes ruin the reputation for the entire riding community. Hell, after I finish the Liberal Arts program at a community college I just might go into the Police Academy. I haven't decided exactly because I have plenty of time to think about it. If I go that route, I want to be a motorcycle cop. It's like riding a bike for a living.

·
Registered
981 Posts
whats wrong with him walking around ur bike and checking ur plate?
ur a young kid, he probably though u were out to mess with some1 else's bike. no big dea. the fact that he cared enough to go check it out to make sure u werent gonna f*ck with it should have u comforted. id rather have a cop follow me out to my bike and check the plate, than to have them not care about who goes up to the bikes and could possibly take it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
BuRn__ said:
whats wrong with him walking around ur bike and checking ur plate?
ur a young kid, he probably though u were out to mess with some1 else's bike. no big dea. the fact that he cared enough to go check it out to make sure u werent gonna f*ck with it should have u comforted. id rather have a cop follow me out to my bike and check the plate, than to have them not care about who goes up to the bikes and could possibly take it.
I'm not sure if your talking to eskimo or me. If it's me, I had a key to my bike, that's how I turned it on to start warming it up. I would think that once you see someone turn on a bike with a key, then it is their bike and they aren't gonna mess with their own ride so why check out the situation further? I also doubt a cop would go up to a person just to make sure it is their bike when they weren't clearly messing with it in the first place.

·
Registered
981 Posts
bpmull said:
I'm not sure if your talking to eskimo or me. If it's me, I had a key to my bike, that's how I turned it on to start warming it up. I would think that once you see someone turn on a bike with a key, then it is their bike and they aren't gonna mess with their own ride so why check out the situation further? I also doubt a cop would go up to a person just to make sure it is their bike when they weren't clearly messing with it in the first place.
oh no, i was responding to Eskimo, the 1st post.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Mr Eskimo sir,you my friend have been taged.You ran once and you now have your bike back on the road.It may be a different color but it has the same tags and now the local PD know this and will be keeping an eye on you.

If he were a biker,he would have been a little more enthusied.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i was waiting in a parking lot a few weeks ago, two bikes, both warming up. I was waiting for a friend to show up so we could ride and a copy showed up. This cop had written me a ticket before, for a minor accident in my car so he remembered me.

We chatted for a minute, he waited a bit for my friend. Turns our that he has a xb9r. We BS'ed for about 5 minutes about bikes, he left.

The cops in this area seem to respect the sportbikers as long as they are respectful back and dont mess around.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ghost Rider said:
Do people drink at this dance you went to?

i told my dad about that, and he said the same thing. no, at parties yes, school dances no. to many cheerleaders moms there! :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got pulled over a couple minutes ago. Taking a trip across campus to stop at the bank, a cop pulls in behind me and follows me for about half a mile, I know he's gunning for me so I cruise at the speed limit, 20 mph, in first gear. I get to my destination, click on the right blinker, pull in, shut off the bike, get off, followed by him with his flashing lights.

"Just great," I think, I'm getting a ticket the first day of school. He talks to me, tells me I have no inspection, and I give him my reasoning. He checks all my paperwork and my license, asks me if I have any warrants. "Not as far as I know." His answer? "If you have one I'll let you go, any more and we'll need to have a little talk." I come back clear, he talks to me a little about my bike and tells me about his cruiser. Tells me he isn't going to write me a ticket, just fills out some card they are required to fill out, and leaves. I got lucky, a cop that rides, and wasn't a complete cockface.

Just my little story to add to the thread, lol.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
y'all wanted attention............you got it......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts