Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are far to many sportbikes I see out and about all over this state for no one to be posting here!.. WV riders need to organize a lil better so we can get some meets,rides, etc. going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No kidding, I see sport bikes all over the place, but never see any meets or anything that is organized. I would like to see some rides or meets. Anything really.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Its the fact that 90% of the people around here don't care about there bike, its stupid kids that all they want to do is try to go 150 MPH down the interstate. Seriously, stop and talk to a couple when you see them, none of them are serious about riding, they all want a bike to try and look cool on.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its the fact that 90% of the people around here don't care about there bike, its stupid kids that all they want to do is try to go 150 MPH down the interstate. Seriously, stop and talk to a couple when you see them, none of them are serious about riding, they all want a bike to try and look cool on.....
You have a very valid point. Generally when I run into other people on sport bikes, they always ask how fast I have gone, do I want to race, or something of that nature. I have met some who are pretty cool, but most of the time it is exactly what you are saying. I also have found that most of the crusiers guys around here refuse to wave at sport bikes. I lived in Columbus, OH and they would generally wave, but around here, it's very rare.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You have a very valid point. Generally when I run into other people on sport bikes, they always ask how fast I have gone, do I want to race, or something of that nature. I have met some who are pretty cool, but most of the time it is exactly what you are saying. I also have found that most of the crusiers guys around here refuse to wave at sport bikes. I lived in Columbus, OH and they would generally wave, but around here, it's very rare.
Yeah, I have yet to meet another serious rider around my area, But I can say I wave at every bike, and everybody has always waved back to me. I did have a Harley guy that I waved at pull into a gas station behind me (he turned around to come talk) who said he only waved back at me because I was riding a Triumph :eek:nfloor

Where are you guys at? I'm up around Parkersburg...
I'm in Beckley, about 5 hours away from you :horse

·
THE LEAD.
514 Posts
not to point out the obvious but you can put more than just the state in the location part of your profile.. and read it if you have that question.. Back to thread.. did not have internet all the time up there. But I did have a hand full of guys to ride with just on a local level not internet level.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've been too busy to ride latly. But hoping to go to hawks nest next weekend sometime. I haven't gotten to take the 600rr out yet. Just been commuting.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've been too busy to ride latly. But hoping to go to hawks nest next weekend sometime. I haven't gotten to take the 600rr out yet. Just been commuting.
How close are you to Hawks Nest Tuff?

And what's up with WVcycles.com? Its been down forever :S

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Uhm maybe an hour away? We went kinda close to hawks nest on sat. was a good ride even though one guy wrecked on his R6 :( But he got out pretty lucky...
Was nice to finally get out a little!! Not sure where the crap we were though? I met up with them in South Charleston and we ended up in Logan and lincoln county.. I know at one point we were on rt 10.. lol

I only knew one guy in the group so I stayed in the back - I don't like people I don't know riding behind me. I'm too paranoid.

So after dude wrecked he slowed WAY down for left turns (what he wrecked in) so that side of my tire still looks horrible lol other side isn't much better since I was behind a Harley too...

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Hey Nikki! :)

Good to see you posting again. I might start walking again in a few weeks and the set back with the hand surgery is working itself out! :banana How have you been?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Uhm maybe an hour away? We went kinda close to hawks nest on sat. was a good ride even though one guy wrecked on his R6 :( But he got out pretty lucky...
Was nice to finally get out a little!! Not sure where the crap we were though? I met up with them in South Charleston and we ended up in Logan and lincoln county.. I know at one point we were on rt 10.. lol

I only knew one guy in the group so I stayed in the back - I don't like people I don't know riding behind me. I'm too paranoid.

So after dude wrecked he slowed WAY down for left turns (what he wrecked in) so that side of my tire still looks horrible lol other side isn't much better since I was behind a Harley too...
That works, I'm about 30 minutes away! Hawk's Nest = Best ride close to me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts