Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear its all a grid and i fucking hate it...I miss living in the mountains of PA :mad:

So does anyone know of any twisty roads?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure about the D-town area, but over here in Lansing there are a couple of decent roads. Round Lake Rd., Dexter Trail, and North Territorial come to mind. They probably don't hold a candle to mountain twisties but they're better than E-way riding anyday.

·
Banned
912 Posts
No!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are a few by Kensington Metro park. Nothing like canyon but Kensington Road has a few twists north of I-96 to M59. If your coming south on the run it has a cool downhill straight. M-36? Silverlake Rd west of US 23 is windy thru Pickney. There are a couple others but I haven't explored them yet and some of those roads have ended in dirt just about the time they start looking good

·
Registered
18 Posts
djt81185 said:
I swear its all a grid and i fucking hate it...I miss living in the mountains of PA :mad:

So does anyone know of any twisty roads?
Yep..., you gotta come out a little northwest..., Oakland County, Commerce Township. Take this route:

Starting at the cluster fawk they call 696/96/275/M-5, take M-5 north to Maple Rd, Maple Road west to Benstien, right (north) on Benstein. Benstein will end at Sleeth, make a left, and Sleeth wraps all the way back to Benstein.

Best guess, it's about a 4 mile jog through the Benstein/Sleeth loop, a couple chicanes, and a lot of corners, very fun. Just watch for the gravel exiting the chicane, heading north, on Benstein...., gravel that put me sideways.

·
Registered
475 Posts
and people always wonder why my back tire has a huge flat spot across it all the time... detroit sucks for bikes. What I wouldn't give to live up north for the summer season. twisty backroads with no traffic.

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
djt81185 said:
thanks...freeway riding gets boring after a while
There are a couple of sweet roads that snake through Hell and Jackson. When I lived in Novi I used to head down North Territorial every weekend and go into Hell. I can't remember the name if this one, but it branches off of N. Terr. and runs right into that biker bar in Hell. I came across a pretty sweet bike accident there. A guy on a TLR went right off the road in a corner and I stopped as the ambulance came by. I was talking to a couple of the guy's friends and they told me (in front of the police of course) that he ran over a chipmunk and it caused him to lose control. I rolled my eyes and left. It's about the best I've found in that area. Around Pinckney rec. area there are some great roads. Watch for cops though. I got nailed on the Busa while motoring through that area. Those were the end of my "high-speed" twisty days. Now I've toned it down.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't feel sorry for any of you bastards. Come to Iowa...you'll feel much better about the roads where you live. :twofinger

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
I know some great roads here in SE Michigan but you'd have to come ride with me to see them. I can't remember the road names. Lots of twisties (about a 110 miles round trip) around lakes and wooded areas. I take quite a few bikers on this trip of mine and they love it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had actually planned on making a trip up there this year before I had gotten in the accident. Depending on how much longer it stays nice, I might take you up on that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Meet us on friday nights in flint. we will take ya on some good roads. We head out to Millford rd. its one of the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts