Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookin for a 1990+ 600 or 750 cc sports bike for around no more than $3000... i am a newbie to riding so i dont want to spend that much on a first bike... i am in Iowa but am willing to look out side of the state... any help would be great thanks

Matt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have You Ever Looked At A Suzuki Sv 650 ? Keep An Eye On The Des Moines Register And Cycle Trader .most Of The Time Three Grand Will Get You A 99-01 Sv.i Think That You Would Like The In City Manners Of That Bike Much More Than Any Of The Repla-racers.trust Me On This On. Its A Dam Good Bike For Any Amount Of Money And Will Toast Alot Of The Repla-racers From Stoplight To Stoplight.cushy Seat To.i Had One In 01 And It Was Great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i have seen them around but i like the full fairing look... also i dont have a DMR do they have a web site for the classifieds?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont think they have a website for the classifieds.That would be change out of their pockets if they did.I wish you good luck on your search.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any info would help... i dont know if i wanna have to worry about shippin and what not but let me know... Also is there anything else out there?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey ludicrous! Thanks man :) yeah thats my bike, awesome shape, for the mods and condition its in its a good deal. Blue book is like 3800-3900. Ive got someone pretty interested in it right now, so i have to give him priority if he wants it... but we will see

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i really dont know if i can afford a bike more than 2500-3000 right now i might just have to wait another year for the 3rd time i am still looking tho so keep them coming

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey everyone i am still looking for a bike... now that in my mind prime riding season is coming around it would be nice to come up with one... i dont have much to spend which is a problem... for now i dont really care condition etc i would like it to be in dec condition i have prolly no more than 2000 to spend at the moment... anything out there???

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'll have a 750 ready in about a week.....although as a first ride I don't suggest it.......but I've come to the conclusion: "If they won't listen, let them do as they wish."

1990 Kawasaki ZX750r...25k miles, scratches and stuff for that yr bike. New front tire, rear is 90%. Will have pics soon as it's possible. Will let it go for 2k.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey taz get back to me on that bike thanks man... as far as it being a 750 and you sayin not to... from what i have been told is that as long as you take time to get to know it you should be ok... your thoughts?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Matt22hawk said:
hey taz get back to me on that bike thanks man... as far as it being a 750 and you sayin not to... from what i have been told is that as long as you take time to get to know it you should be ok... your thoughts?
My thoughts are....500cc/50hp max for a beginner.....but I will get you the pics.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Matt22hawk said:
My budy started out on a 750 with no previous riding experience and did ok, but he is definatly not the norm. Getting the biggest CC bike you can afford is not always the best idea. There are tons of guys on here that would prolly ship you their ninja 250 or 500 for $2000 and you'de be surprised how nimble and fast those little bikes are.

It's not about how big the bike it, its the person controlling the bike. I used to beat out liter bikes on the freeway all the time on my old 450 only because I had such a connection with that bike it was almost as if we were one.

Also, there are always people getting into riding and those little bikes hold their value pretty well so when you get tired of it in a year or so you can prolly get your 2k back and with the money you saved from not going to the hospital you can buy a new or newer 600 or 750 bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts