Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WSBK starts the new race season at Phillip Island the weekend. Here's some of the headlines...

--45 year old Troy Bayliss is racing for Ducati in place of the injured Davide Giugliano, who broke his lower back in a high side during pre-season testing. This will be one of the more interesting stories to follow, as TB hasn't raced an actual race in over 6 years.
--Jonathan Rea has gone from Honda and is now racing for Kawasaki. He's always been considered one of the best riders, yet the outdated Honda just didn't get him very many strong results, so it'll be interesting to see how he does on the powerhouse Kawi.
--the reigning WSBK champion, Sylvain Guintoli, is now riding for Honda. He won last year on the Aprilia and finished on the podium all but a few times during the season. This will be another top story for the year if he struggles on the outdated Honda.

I'm sure there' more to talk about, so bring the noise. And rejoice that motorcycle racing is back for 2015!

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think bein TV will be televising the race. Maybe someone can confirm or deny?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
WOW! Troy Bayliss back on a Ducati. I wish my cable provider gave me BeIN Sports in my package. I'm not willing to pay extra for it. I'm limited to Motogp on my TV.

They will also run the 2014 season in review before the races.

I find TVRACER.Com to be a great site to see race listings for all motorsports.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Bayliss forgot how old he is. Owie.

Don't have a link, watched it on wsbk's facebook page. luckily he landed in the grass. Was a big highside.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wow, those were some amazing races!!!!

Reactions: jeffo8
1 - 20 of 21 Posts