1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Stick a fork in him.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Its a shame, but I think this is it for the ol Hopper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
he's been collecting a paycheck for some time now. What a shame - he had talent, but like gobert, has wasted it. He has gotten his share of injuries, but he was a raging alcoholic and drug user for some years.
fify

It's a shame. He has turned his life around, which is great for him. Unfortunately, the injuries he has gotten over time have accumulated to render him uncompetitive as a rider.

I doubt anyone would pick him up anymore.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I'd hardly call him uncompetitive, he damn near won British Superbike last year, only losing the championship on the last lap of the last race of the season. The injuries just keep piling up on him though.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
I'd hardly call him uncompetitive, he damn near won British Superbike last year, only losing the championship on the last lap of the last race of the season. The injuries just keep piling up on him though.
BSB is a long way from WSBK. And he missed how much of the year again due to injuries? Injuries, I might add, that may well have resulted from riding over his head trying to be competitive.

He may still have the drive to win, he doesn't have the body. Especially not a body that can absorb the crashes he's bound to take.

All that's left are the what ifs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts