Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on how people can claim their SUV as a tax deduction if it has a GVW of over 6000 lbs. It has to be used as their primary mode of transportation for business use as an employee or self employed.

Does any one her capitalize on this? If so what has been your experience?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would be surprised at all the vehicles on the list, The Toureg, Navigator, Surburban, Expedition, F350, All the f series vans, Porsche Cheyenne, Durrango, I was surprised to say the least.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A BMW X5 is at 6008lbs and they go up from there...the Hummer H2 is toppin out at 8600lbs. Check out this story: http://wcco.dayport.com/viewer/content/special.php?Art_ID=2480&Format_ID=2&BitRate_ID=8&Contract_ID=12&Obj_ID={obj_id}

·
Registered
119 Posts
Keep watching, it's after the stupid commercial. Ugh..that should be mentioned in the "fads that should go away" thread!

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Thats the stupidest crap I've seen YET

What difference does it make if someone has chosen a tahoe over a station wagon or minivan?

How are SUV's terrorizing anyone?

Buncha hippy tree-huggin granola crunchin tofu eatin freaks with not enough to bitch about already

That pretty much means ANY full sized puckup truck has to comply as well....

Full size ram regular cab =6350 GVW

My truck....Silverado ext cab = 6200

so basically everything full size ...sheesh..whatta buncha freakin doylies

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
CasterTroy said:
HOLY CRAP 6000lbs

I think my full size chevy ext cab silverado only weighs like 4200

MAN...what clocks in at 6k?
troy, i saw a link yesterday that listed even your 1500 p/u........

i;m curious about this myself,

can you deduct more the what you earned as a "self-employed".....

can you break down the vehicle dedcut over a few years.......

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i've heard about that deduction being available for businesses, but don't know if it is true or not. as a matter of fact i think i initially read that on this board.

as a former owner of a midsize SUV, i really dislike the SUV hating that goes around.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Not just any one that buys an SUV or a 1 ton pick-up can claim it and write it off. The Gov has cracked down on a$$holes that abused that right.

The bf and I went through our accountant and he told us "yes" we could because we own a construction business and also we are lisenced.

so ppl thinking that think they should do this so they can get $$ back at the end of the yr, better think twice. If the Gov. finds out, and they will, these ppl will be in some serious shit.

BTW, the F350 we are gonna buy, we get to write it off and get $17,000 back from the Gov. SWEET!! its good to be a contractor!!!!.. :D:D HAHAHAH!!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I work with a guy who is thinking about buying his wife, a chiropractor, an H2. She needs something to carry her portable table when she makes house calls. They're planning on writing it off as a business expense.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I think this tax break stems from a new (last year?) law that allows special accelerated deductions for trucks used by businesses. The SUV's and pick-ups listed unintentionally fall into that category base on GVWR being over the limit. Don't know if the loophole has been plugged or not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts