Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wrecked my GSXR on Memorial day weekend on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The rear shock locked up mid turn throwing me and the bike into a stone wall.. I got out of it with just a few broken bones and 2 pins in my hand but my bike wasn't so lucky.. Here are a few pics of her.

Time to rebuild !

The entire front end is crap. Looks like the frame may be ok though, got to get it measured !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
At least you're okay, that's the important thing. The next important thing is fixing your poor bike! I wish you all the best girlie.

·
Registered
418 Posts
WOW.... lucky you're not dead. The force alone to push the front end all the way back like that..... wow. + I bet your triple tree is bent / broken to hell.

Good luck.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok!!! You'll bring the bike back in time...Hell, you've got time with those bones healing!!! :)
Chin up, heal up and get back out there!!!

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Sorry to hear it. The pics of your bike make me really sorry for you. I would cry. Anyway, good luck healing and fixing the bike. I hope you're back out there in no time!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Stone wall? Geez...sounds like you did minimal damage to yourself which is the most important, bikes can always be fixed, people can't. Don't let it deter you from getting back out there though!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well ladies I bought another bike this past Sunday.... Here is a pic of her.... 2003 with 4060 miles on it .. Got it for $3000.00 couldn't pass up the deal.. Now I am going to get a 2005 GSXR 600 for the track.. Well as soon as I get the cast off and the pins out !

Attachments

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
wow, did you ever find out what will make a shock do that? hope your doing better

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R6JUNKIE said:
wow, did you ever find out what will make a shock do that? hope your doing better

Still waiting on the official answer to that question.. As soon as I get it I will let everyone know, cause trust me I would like to put my mind at ease as well !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts