Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Experienced Novice rider.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Here's the aftermath of my recent wreck in lake apopka area in Orlando. Took a corner and the front got away from me. Tire only had 35% or so meat left. Hit the throttle to get out of the corner and the front lost grip slamming into the guard rails.

Thinking of parting the bike out and selling. Don't think it's worth it to replace the bent frame.

Should I part t out or keep and fix?

Photos are 5mins before the wreck stopped for directions and after wreck.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1366325905.926499.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1366326162.317892.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
What's your insurance company saying? Are they calling the bike a total loss?

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZzrRocket - unfortunately for me in the state of Florida insurance is not required. That said I must say I had just basic insurance on the bike.
So thus they won't cover this this wreck. That's why I've decided to part it out over trying to recover it.

The engine only has 10,000 miles on it and other than the frame the rest of the bike is in perfect shape. It's always been garage kept.

Im looking to get either a Z1000 or a Ducati monster next.

I have not had the chance to pull it apart yet because emotionally I didn't want to get rid of it.

I will try to take it apart first weekend of May.

·
Registered
306 Posts
post some aftermath pics. Im looking for all the front plastics, headlight, cluster and frame ram ducts clipons rear brake arm(foot pedal). after my less than a month out of paint scooter went and tested the hell outa my r&g sliders. no motoer or frame just plastics and the clipon really

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
post some aftermath pics. Im looking for all the front plastics, headlight, cluster and frame ram ducts clipons rear brake arm(foot pedal). after my less than a month out of paint scooter went and tested the hell outa my r&g sliders. no motoer or frame just plastics and the clipon really
Hey I will post pics of it this weekend- if you would like i can email you or message you pictures, shoot me an email at [email protected].
The nose of the bike was not touched its in excellent condition i actually have it off of the bike and wrapped up in a comforter, both air dam clip on are also in excellent condition.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
ZzrRocket - unfortunately for me in the state of Florida insurance is not required. That said I must say I had just basic insurance on the bike.
So thus they won't cover this this wreck. That's why I've decided to part it out over trying to recover it.

The engine only has 10,000 miles on it and other than the frame the rest of the bike is in perfect shape. It's always been garage kept.

Im looking to get either a Z1000 or a Ducati monster next.

I have not had the chance to pull it apart yet because emotionally I didn't want to get rid of it.

I will try to take it apart first weekend of May.

I don't understand why someone would want to work so hard to have a nice bike and then skimp on the insurance. I have always had full coverage on my 2006 ZZR. Not because the bike was financed, I paid cash, bought it new and insured it for piece of mind, knowing if the bike was ever stolen or wrecked I would have some type of recovery.

Best of luck with parting out a bike in this economy. Hope your not attached to closely to the bike and are willing to let stuff go cheap.

That's a great idea:duh2 Wreck a 600 and move up to 1000.:taproll

Perhaps some riding classes are in order. There aren't that many curvy roads in Florida, I know I lived in Florida for 14 years.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You can pick up just about anything for a ZZR600 off Ebay. I bought new plastics, mirror support, a tank and various other parts to repair my bike this month off Ebay. I saw a frame, wheel and mah other parts you need. The ZZR600 may be dated for some but it is still a great bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts