Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it finally happened, i wrecked. ill make this short and sweet. basically i hit some oil or something at like 35-45mph and was on it a bit too much i guess and out came the back end. somehow i managed to lift the bike myself (adrenaline i guess) and get it off the road. I was wearing a helmet, jeans, gloves, tennis shoes, and a tshirt and i learned that i will NEVER ride without a jacket again. damage to the bike isnt bad mostly cosmetic. for me i have rash on both legs, right theigh, right elbow (the worse), both shoulders, left wrist, and back. also ripped the toe of my shoe off so my big toe is sorta F'ed up but it will all heal with time. it sucks but then again shit happens i just need to learn to be more aware of the road. be careful out there and wear your gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
ouch that looks brutal...

feel better man. pictures like this are just a reminder to me that i need to call to get my jacket back from getting fitted...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Damn dude, that does look pretty brutual.

Glad to see you are able to post up on here.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
Wait 'til you shower. :eek:
Reminds me of that Dane Cook piece, "Whoever invented steam suck!" :lol

Don't worry. Get back on your horse. A little road rash will give you some experience and chest hair, and by the evidence in the picture, you're gonna need some. :joke

Glad you're otherwise okay.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Well you no longer have to think about what it feels like to hit the road. Not kidding with you, it takes some of the weight off you to know what it's like.
Not gonna dog you for not wearing a jacket since I almost always wear one but sometimes I don't. (Always feel guilty when I don't though)
But try to wear good boots and gloves. I read that one story where the guy mangled his hands and that really got to me. And foot injuries don't heal very fast.
Glad you are OK man.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
OUCH! Glad the road rash and cosmetic damage is the worst of it. Live and learn- you seem to have a good attitude about it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Imagine no gear @ 75mph +, at least no major injuries, hope u get better soon

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Ugh, I just finished eating... That hurts just looking at it.

A buddy of mine went down a few weeks ago. He had been riding for about a year and a half, and the more confident he got, the less gear he wore. Busted up his foot and rashed up his arm pretty nice. He also says he'll never again ride without a jacket. Glad you got away without any major injuries...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Glad your alive, dude. Get better.

How many times do we hear someone say that they will never ride with out a jacket again after they lay the bike down. I really don't care how geared up anyone is when they ride, but do they not believe that it is going to hurt when they hit the pavement. Maybe it's just an eye opener I guess. Ride safe everybody. :beer

·
Registered
163 Posts
Why do people act like it takes superhuman strength to lift a motorcycle? I've had to lift mine twice and they aren't heavy. I've seen 70 year old grandmothers pickup 500+ lb bikes.

Besides that I'm glad you weren't seriously injured.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Glad your ok man, like someone else noted....at least the weight of "when" is off your shoulders. Get better and bite the dog that bit ya bro!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Good idea about the jacket. Still going to wear jeans though? So many riders will spend 500+ on a helmet, and then slip on some levis :confused:

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear that you went down, hope you heal up quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts