Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today ony my way to work, after taking a left turn I went full twist and ran over acouple of mild bumps where I noticed how light my front end was :2eek . Well after ariving at work and realizing that they didnt need me until 11am(was 8:30AM), please note that I didnt do this due to anger I went in volintarily to see if they might need my help, I promplty started to head home. I turned left out of the parking lot and once again went full throttle and at about 11,000-12,000RPMS(wasnt watching the tach) I noticed my front end was coming up :headbang , well it stayed up(not that high, about the same as crazymofo in his little vid) until I hit the limiter when I then shifted. I was amazed mainly because it has never done this before. So I think that one of two things could have happened: 1, the conditions were perfect, mid-80s mid-morning. 2, the bike is gaining more power as the engine breaks in. Now I really cant wait for my Leo Vince and 15t/49t 520.

·
Street Warrior
143 Posts
were you in first gear...Does it feel werid maxing out the RPM's? I finally got mine up to 10,500 RPM's today at 1000 miles. It felt awsome and my bike does feel like it has gained more power with age. I was only going the speed limit of course :bs

Ride safe,

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've bounced the rev. limiter in second.....Didn't like it very much, made the frame do an interesting twitch though.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
WISPER said:
I've bounced the rev. limiter in second.....Didn't like it very much, made the frame do an interesting twitch though.
I hit the rev limiter the other day in 1st. It wasn't too bad as I was just about to shift as it hit the limiter so I only noticed it for a split second.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
segue00 said:
And the fun begins.. Look what it can do, ma.. :beer

Yeah, famous last words..."Hey y'all, Watch this..."

·
Street Warrior
143 Posts
Got my RPM's up to 12k today in first and it was easier shifiting up then ever with higher RPM's. Kinda fun going to 0 to 60 in a few seconds. Later,

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry if my post was misinterperated, I meant it not to be about ME doing a "wheelie", I just wanted to pass along the potential of the FZ6 and how proper break-in can help your bike achive max HP over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts