Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.commutercars.com/

0-60 in 4 seconds, 12sec quarter mile, narrower than a Goldwing, carbon fiber body, 400watt soundsystem, sparco seats, a/c and heater, 1200lbs of torque :eek: and 600kw of power :eek: all from electric engines! Also has all sorts of safety equipment to boot, kinda cool if ya ask me.

The price is a little steep, but for what it has in it, I think it's somewhat justified. I wouldn't buy one, but pretty cool still!

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Looks like it needs some pontoons from keeping it from tipping.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
Where the fuck do you put 25 Exide/Optima batterys in that thing?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
It looks like a Honda Element for 3 yr old......

:barf

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Its center of gravity must be incredibly high. I'd have to speculate it's prone to high speed rollovers.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never said I liked the way it looked, I was just impressed mainly by the performance specs and the carbon fiber body.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Very ugly, and I am sure a "mis-placed" sneeze could tip that thing over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know.. I read the website, and their '600' series aparently spanked some ass in an autocross course. Then again, was there any wind?

·
Registered
646 Posts
did anybody watch the videos there? it was taking some pretty tight turns at some pretty decent speeds. but then again, who knows.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
TheWraith said:
Its center of gravity must be incredibly high. I'd have to speculate it's prone to high speed rollovers.

I'd have to say it again.. Where in the hell do you put 25 auto batteries... probably on the floor. I'm sure its not a top heavy vehicle if 25 batteries are in the floor of it...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
TheWraith said:

Why would it's center of gravity be very high? All of the weight is low and the only real weight above prolly 24" is the driver. This thing has a very low center of gravity to keep it from flipping. Hate to see it in an accident.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
You can't think that leisurely driving around cones is even remotely comparable to the flip testing that is done on US vehicles. Do some Googling for rollover testing on SUVs, etc. and you'll see how their casual driving pales in comparision. I say, put that sliver of a car through the standard US rollover tests and you'll see it on its side.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I couldn't watch it, I don't have quicktime......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts