Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my wheelies lately have been mostly consisting of 1st gear power wheelies and an occasional 2nd gear clutch up(which i suck at) Now, i could only ride these wheelies like 50-75 feet, because they would come up so fast i wouldnt be able to feather the balance poing. well i was at -2 with those, well i just replaced my sprockets and chain to -1/+2 jesus h christ, 1st gear wheelies are so easy and controllable, i can pull a 2nd gear clutch up and ride it for a long time now, damn im so frickin happy right now!! i was screaming in my helmet out of pure joy, its so impossible to not do a wheelie coming out from a stoplight now. I fear that this new gearing is going to cost me big time in the future(read:many wheelie tickets) i feel all warm and fuzzy inside now :) this is me in my helmet when i was doing my new found wheelies--> :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Congrats. That's a good feeling, right?

When I had my '97 TLS, I was also -1/+2 and also thought that the wheelies were awesome. Best ones I ever did were with that bike. I also went to -1/+3 which wasn't bad either but only +2 on the back was enough. I'm starting to look into getting a TLS again for this exact reason.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Keep working on them. I can learned to ride through 2 gears on the back wheel. No I am pulling some pretty long ones.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Justin726 said:
Congrats. That's a good feeling, right?

When I had my '97 TLS, I was also -1/+2 and also thought that the wheelies were awesome. Best ones I ever did were with that bike. I also went to -1/+3 which wasn't bad either but only +2 on the back was enough. I'm starting to look into getting a TLS again for this exact reason.
Get the new GSX-R 1000 :phatyo

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's mint! I'm running stock up front and +2 in the rear and I love it! The TL's are the most awesome bike I've ever wheelied!

·
Registered
912 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
Get the nex GSX-R 1000 :phatyo
'05 GSX-R 1000 = Wheelie machine

That beast wants to pull the wheel up at ANY speed with a simple blip on the throttle. I don't understand how anyone is able to ride them, honestly...

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Keep working on them. I can learned to ride through 2 gears on the back wheel. No I am pulling some pretty long ones.

Do that shyt on a dirtbike first.

I learned the really tricky stuff on a mountainbike (the brake and going past the balancing point - (coaster wheelies will teach you extremely fine balance) then transfered it to a dirtbike and learned to go up through the gears and back down.

Slowing down is hairy (you need to go past vert and lightly brake) but if you learn how to do it you will be that much better.

Turning is another thats best learned on a dirtbike. (lighter = easier to throw around and nearly zero damage when you crash it and you WILL crash it.) Learn the basics on a mountainbike then move up.

Once you are totally at home on the MTB (I can criuse endlessly all over one handed, stop on the back wheel, start from a wheelie or do any of that with no front wheel :D on the MTB) then when on the bike you will have a much easier time. :smilierr

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts