Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theyre at Walmart for $20.. real thin polyester. would the cheap material possibly damage the bike?? thanks :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
would you use a 1 cent condom at a whorehouse?

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
i use a grill cover that i bought from Lowes. works just as good as a "real" bike cover.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
martino said:
.. real thin polyester. would the cheap material possibly damage the bike?? thanks :)
Is this a serious question? This is America, alas, I believe it is.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I have heard some ppl say that they won't use a bike cover because the wind could pblow the bike over! I just look at them like they are retards with a dick growing out of their foreheads. I would use it. But as you can see I have not bought one yet!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Would I? Hell, I do!!! But my bikes are always garaged so all the cover has to do is keep the dust off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Polyester?? Hell no, a good cover has three layers.. an inside layer of silk, inner layer of goretex membrane and outer layer of a metalic web with 15000 volts on it that not only deters thieves, it heats the bike to its optimal resting temperature. Polyester? Pfft I feel bad for your bikes

·
Registered
691 Posts
I use a $5 blue painters tarp from lowe's. It is 9X12 and decently thick. It has holes in it and I just bungee it down. Works great. I don't have a brand new bike though either.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol bedsheets, grill covers, you guys are after my own heart

hey KingCorbra I was just thinkin that the sun would cook itself into the finish, or it would get too hot, or it would be too abrasive on the corners.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Jake said:
Would I? Hell, I do!!! But my bikes are always garaged so all the cover has to do is keep the dust off.
Me too, old bed sheets work great.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I bought one of those $20 covers and it works just as well as the $100 Dowco that I use on my VTX.

Get the extra large though,the large is to small for most sport bikes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would use it. Hell I dont cover mine half the time. Only when I think it is gonna rain. Other than that, just sits. Morsalais (sp) I like that idea. I might try to rig something like that up.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
martino said:
lol bedsheets, grill covers, you guys are after my own heart

hey KingCorbra I was just thinkin that the sun would cook itself into the finish, or it would get too hot, or it would be too abrasive on the corners.
I suppose that is a logical concern actually.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would use it if it had vents (for moisture) and grommets to lock it down so the bums woulnd't steal it to use as a tent.

get the grey one if it's offered

1 - 20 of 20 Posts