Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took a trip across the country and was extremely surprised by how many states apparently don't have a helmet law. I'm all for freedom of choice but how many of you would actually ride without a helmet of any kind if their wasn't a law against not wearing one?

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
CO doesnt have a helmet law.. I still wear mine (99% of the time), because soccer moms cant drive straight.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ide never ride without my helmet, especially since I know how hard my head hit during my high side.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I'll always wear a helmet. My first accident, my head was the first thing to hit the ground. Only thing that kept me from being seriously injured.

·
Registered
150 Posts
here in TX you don't have to have one. But I always wear mine, I just feel uncomfortable without it.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
We have no helmet law here, but I still wear my helmet almost everytime I ride my bike. The only time I don't wear my helmet is when I'm doing a few things around town (The town I live in is a mile across).

·
Registered
488 Posts
wouldnt be caught alive without it..cause without it i would be dead .. get it? lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
Bomb300 said:
I'll always wear a helmet. My first accident, my head was the first thing to hit the ground. Only thing that kept me from being seriously injured.
+1... my first "big" accident took a chunk out of my helmet that was AT LEAST the size of a softball.... w/o it I would have either been dead or brain-damaged for life [no eating out of a straw here]. Since then, I don't even think not to wear it.

Absolute "MINIMUM" gear: helmet, gloves, tennis shoes, jeans and a white T.

Edit: btw - no helmet law in IN either... only have to have "eye protection"... wtf is that, condoms for your eyes??? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'm paranoid, no helmet law here by i NEVER get on the bike w/o helmet, gloves, jacket and matching zip pants, and boots. Not even to go across the street for gas or smokes. my friends think i'm crazy

·
Registered
426 Posts
It doesn't take that much to crack a skull open. Without a helmet you could end up on the pavement after being hit by a car and find your brains laying all over the place even if it wasn't a major accident. So I would wear one all the time. If it was the law or not.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
None here. I almost always wear mine but not always. If I am in town then usually no. But if I am riding far or hard then yes. I know I can go down in town but thats a chance I will take.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would absolutely still wear it. Even when I was 15 or 16 years old before California adopted a helmet law I used to wear a helmet and it did without a doubt save my life AT LEAST once (I did a "Wide World of Sports" 85 mph dismount over the handlebars followed immediately by a flip flop tumble unconscious roll regain consciousness oops unconscious again roll some more snap crackle pop scrape off your skin "Is my wrist SUPPOSED to look like that?" and "Where the hell did my levi's go?" when I was 16, as well as the run of the mill monthly lowsides at that young, stupid, nothing can hurt me age). I still have the first $40.00 scarred-up lid, kinda sentimental I guess. Sorry, short answer, YES.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts