Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my situation:

I was driving my cage from work yesterday... Highway posted speed limit is 60. Normally traffic moves at about 75-80. As I was working my way up the far left lane, I see a big empty space on the road up ahead. Next thing I see is a Cop car cruising in the middle lane, going a little under speed limit. So, all the people around him also slow down and just ride packed all around him, blocking the traffic behind. After a couple of minutes of this, a bunch of cars move over from the left lane and I get a nice and clear way ahead of me... I speed up to 64mph and slowly start to pull away. A bunch of cars join me, but are not trying to pass me. Everybody stays under 65. I look in the rear-view mirror and see the cop lights start flashing... I'm in the left lane, so I move over to the middle one (a couple of cars ahead of him), guessing he needs to pass us :dunno Then he turns off the lights, gets in the left lane and speeds up. He rolls up next to me, turns on the lights, looks at me, turns OFF the lights and slows down again :dunno

I said Fu(k it, and just took the next exit. :flipa I have no idea what was all that about.

Anyway, would YOU pass a cop that is going under/exact speed limit (slowing down miles of traffic)?

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
I would and have, often they will do this so they get good looks at cars going by them. If they are under the limit hell yeh i'm gonna pass them. That cop just had an ego problem or something. :lame

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i did once in high school and he pulled me over. he was a real nice person tho, and didn't give me a ticket. i told him my speedo said 65 (and it did), and he told me it was off a little.

yeah, if they are going under the speed limit i say go for it, but you KNOW it's going to piss them off, especially if they are driving really close to the speed limit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have lots of times. Everytime my passengers freak out and ask me what I think I am doing. I am just going about my day, except this time there is an officer going slower than the speed limit, that's all. No biggie.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
heck yea I'd go around um. Do they realize that holding up traffic and slowing to a non hyway pace can be a hazard? What a dope. They do this, knowing that they can get away with it. Seen it before.

Good for you for going around, you werent really trying to be a smartass, looks like you just wanted to get home... ;) right?!?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would if they are going under the speed limit. Cops around here are usually driving over the speed limit though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've done it a number of times. Exactly what would he be writing you up for? They are police officers, not gods. I respect them, but I'm not afraid of them, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let one abuse his power on me, just because he can.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would definitely do it... nothing he can pull you for if he's going under the speed limit and you are going the speed limit... ...

·
Moto GP Champion
505 Posts
I've done it. Its funny how many people don't have the balls to do it though. Hell if a cop wants to give a ticket for 1 mph over, I'll take it, and I'll see him in court.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i pass in the cage, i just go a little bit faster though.

were you on the bike? i don't do it on the bike though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
rocket1243 said:
I've done it. Its funny how many people don't have the balls to do it though. Hell if a cop wants to give a ticket for 1 mph over, I'll take it, and I'll see him in court.
+1

Have and will, like many others here. I usually laugh my ass off (or get really pissed) at the people who are so afraid of the police that if a cop is going 5 under, they will all slow down to 5 under as well. Schmucks.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Heh, the other day I was coming home from my friends house, a 50 mile drive. I came up behind a motorcycle cop about half way through the trip, and he was going 90-100 the whole time, so I just kept pace with him... everyone got out of his way and since I was behind him it was clear sailing =)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I did it the other day.

On the highway we have certain spots that have about 8 cop cars in one spot on the highway because of the DNC. Speed limit was 50 and people were only traveling about 40-45, so I rode by at around 65 and the cops didn't do a thing they just did their thing and I did mine.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I would but the cops around here are allways 10 to 15mph above the limit on the highway so they would nail ya for sure.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cops seem to like to roll up on my car and ride by me. First they see a decked out car and then they see Cali tags. I guess they get jelous.

I like out highways here (with middle divider), where I can go whatever speed I want. If a cop is in the on-coming lane- I totally ignore them. The lights come on>> I take an exit>> he looks for a spot to turn around>>I leave :)

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Filip75 said:
cops seem to like to roll up on my car and ride by me. First they see a decked out car and then they see Cali tags. I guess they get jelous.

I like out highways here (with middle divider), where I can go whatever speed I want. If a cop is in the on-coming lane- I totally ignore them. The lights come on>> I take an exit>> he looks for a spot to turn around>>I leave :)

So I guess when you up and dissapear off the board like a fart in the wind....we'll know where you are then

Plus....a year or 2 later we'll see you on cops :alky

·
Registered
282 Posts
i did it with tinted windows. dont do that they will get you. i'm running 5% visibility. needless to say i got a ticket. oh well. shit happens.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Man i do it ALL the time. I guess down here they arern as much of stuck up pricks... all though there are a few. But I pass them as much as 6mph over and have done it once at 9mph but didn't realize it because i was conversing with a passenger.

As soon as I realized it was a cop i just slowed back down to 4-5mph over and we were cruising together.

Never been pulled over for passing a cop though. Sounds like he had some kinda power trip going on :lame

1 - 20 of 101 Posts