1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
496 Posts
You said "your boy" I only have a very few close friends that I would give that lable, and to those guys, Yes , I would let them ride and I already have. For a couple of reasons, one, they would let me ride their bike. Two I know they will take care of it as if it were their own. Three I know if something were to happen that they would take responsibility for it.
Bro's before hoe's! They will always be there when you need em!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I would only let a friend ride my bike if I knew that they knew how to ride and with the understanding that if they wreck my bike they replace it.

Most of my friends that have ridden my bikes have done so a a swap when we were out riding. They get some seat time on mine and I get some seat time on theirs. The agreement is that if one of us crashes the other one gets full "loanership" of the other's bike until the crashed bike is replaced/repaired.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Not me! I don't care how much i like them or how great they can ride. One little miss hap and I'M ASS OUT, not him!!!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Tough call. Let a friend of mine ride my machine once, only a half mile trip on the street though. Prob. no longer than that.

Motorcycles are like toothbrushes. You shouldn't share them even among friends/family.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
shit i gave my boy gixerking a key tp my bike cause his was broke and told him ride like it was his.... he rode it more than i did last summer....
but ain't that what you're suppossed to do for your true friends....

·
Registered
162 Posts
A friend of mine wrecked my first bike, and that was awesome b/c now he's paying for my current ride. :headbang

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'll let the people I ride with take mine out. If they crash, I just take their bike until mine is fixed. Plus, I like riding other people's bikes just to experience as many different rides as possible. I've had friends of friend's ask me to take my bike out and I laughed in their face. They were serious, too.

·
Registered
496 Posts
badgixxer said:
shit i gave my boy gixerking a key tp my bike cause his was broke and told him ride like it was his.... he rode it more than i did last summer....
but ain't that what you're suppossed to do for your true friends....

I'm down with that one. I KNOW my boy's would do the same for me so why not do it for them?!

·
Registered
806 Posts
There are very few people who I would let ride my bike. And those that I would allow to ride the bike have a nice bike that I get to use until mine gets fixed/replaced. More importantly, the only people who get to ride my bike are those that I know have a means of repairing or replacing my bike in a timely manner if they put it on the ground. You can be a great rider, but if you have no way to replace my bike if you should total it I'm not really comfortable with you riding it. Things happen and I'm not going to get left with just an apology and no bike. I busted my ass to pay for my bike. No one's going to wreck it on me.
Shane

·
Registered
72 Posts
most people, absolutely not........

but a few of the people i ride with, i sure would.......but only when we switch bikes for a while, never would i say "come to my house to pick up the busa, and you can bring it back in a few hours" ---- fucc that noise.........

as a matter of fact, i let my homeboy ride my 5 day old busa so i could ride his brand new gsx-r 1000..........i like to ride as many bikes as possible to get a feel for them........

ive had people at gas stations and kids ask "can i ride it" i just laugh at em, i can tell they have little or no experience at all, that shyt aint happening with me........

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
I will let friends that I ride with take my bike for a spin. I have to know their skill level before I even give a second thought. It doesn't happen very often though. This rule applies with my car & 4wheeler too. Not so worried about the 4wheeler though.

One here for "maybe..."

·
Registered
65 Posts
there are only two people i trust with my bike. my brother (cause he's my brother), and a real good buddy of mine. if my buddy wrecks it, i keep his '04 R1. :headbang

·
Registered
809 Posts
anyone who I trust as a rider and trust would repair my bike if they damaged it.

usually it's just switching bikes between friends.
people want me to teach them on my bike... not gonna happen.

·
Registered
324 Posts
my "boys"? yeah i let em ride whenever. i let one of my buddies hop on the other night and do some tank wheelies right in front of us to pop the bike's wheelie cherry. :D no biggie. his bike is worth 1/2 what mine is but i know he's good for the damages if they were to occur.

edit: btw, hey RACER X, if you happen to read this, the guy was doin em in jeans, tennis shoes, a hoodie, and a helmet/gloves. :lao :banana

·
Registered
58 Posts
only ass on my bike is my own. I let my brother ride it once and i stood at the end of the driveway with a bottle of jack in my hand freekin out for 20 min . Never again.

Relic

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
if you wanna ride, buy your own bike, that's what I did....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts