Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See Here

They seem like a really good idea when for those weekend rides or even the long commute and you could still wear your own comfortable jeans. Not too long ago a guy on here said he broke his tailbone from a simple accident...i bet these woulda helped. Anyways, i was thinking about getting them and wondering what your opinions were.

or even THESE for that matter...little bit pricey though

·
Registered
279 Posts
Someones going to look like a football player! :twofinger

They look pretty good, but I wouldn't wear them on a long commute, looks like they could get very uncomfortable.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I would for the fact that I would rather wear jeans.

·
Registered
912 Posts
no way, unless i knew i was going to crash

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
robbieace said:
I plan to crash next week...........OMG, thats so fuckin stupid. dude your scary stupid.

prolly not, but they are a good idea, the pads look a little thick to go under jeans........

·
Registered
981 Posts
i already have a pair of padded riding pants (2piece suit), but if i only had a jacket, i would much rather wear those under jeans than to just have jeans on. i used to get cherries all over my legs from soccer and sliding on dead grass, i can only imagine how bad it would hurt from sliding along asphalt.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
RACER X said:
I plan to crash next week...........OMG, thats so fuckin stupid. dude your scary stupid.

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Racer X...you crack me up man...

·
Registered
308 Posts
robbieace said:
If that applied to every protective gear, then no one would be wearing leathers. Dress for the crash, not the ride dude.

·
Banned
730 Posts
RACER X said:
OMG, thats so fuckin stupid. dude your scary stupid.
Why am I laughing so hard my eyes are tearing up? BAHAHAHAHA! "Scary stupid"!! :lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
By just looking at those, it is very clear that you would have to buy jeans several sizes b***** in order for it to fit comfortably. For those that are in alot hotter climate, that may not be the most fun to have on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
They look like a good idea, but I can't imagine using them on a regular basis. One reason why people ride in plain denim jeans is out of convenience - All you have to do is put on your jacket, helmet, and gloves and go. I doubt one would be likely to stop and change pants just to hop on the bike for a quick errand in town.

I would guess that most people only "suit up" when they're planning on a long or technical/fast ride. For those types of planned motorcycle excursions, I'd be more likely to wear this type of gear. But I'd much rather wear purpose-built armored riding pants than blue jeans over padded shorts/tights on these types of rides anyway.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You're probably better off getting a good pair of riding pants with armor and padding. These look too bulky to wear under regular pants and will be really hot in the summer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
THat thing looks hot as all hell. Nope wouldnt wear that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts