Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oops! Wrong Forum =P

Given the controlled conditions of temperature, pressure, and atmospheric composition, the organism does whatever the hell it pleases.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
If that tattoo is of another guy's name, you should bail.

If you'd seriously bail if she got another tattoo and you figure she's definately going to do it... get her to let you help pick one... then trick her into getting the stupidest tattoo you can think of... then leave her.

·
Registered
773 Posts
ok. its like this that is who she is or who she wants to be if you love HER then you have to accept the good with the bad if your ready to leave her over soemthign as little as her getting a tat just because you dont like it then break up with her bc far worse things will happen. let her be her own person and make her own decisions. Im not saying anythign about you but you cant get mad at her its her body. and on her part if she loves you then she wouldhave respected your request. if i had a man and he said no tats i wouldnt have gotten one. i agree iw ouldnt like the whole barcode thing. thats has soemthing to do with 666 stuff i think and im just not into that.. but if youlove her then get over it. If your ready to leave her over that you dotn love her

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself what is more important to you. The physical attraction or emotional/personality attraction. (hopefully that makes sense)
Four years is a long time and I have to assume you have feelings for her that go beyond physical. Are you willing to give that up over a tattoo?
If it's something you're dead set against then I do believe she should take that into consideration, however, it is her body. As a couple you should find a middle ground somewhere.

Quick answer, if you love her then don't leave her, figure out another way to get around it. If you're there for her looks and she is no longer attractive to you, then there isn't much left.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
She gets it done on her lower back and when I finally get to see it I’m totally not feeling it.
Ah, the lower back Tramp Stamp, eh? Yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled either.

I can't stand tattoos on girls, so I totally sypathize with your frustration over your GF disfiguring herself like that. Smooth, pristine female skin is a thing of beauty... for life of me I can't understand permanently vandalizing it with ink.

But it's her body, so it's ultimately her decision. If you two just aren't on the same page about this, then you need to decide if it alters your feelings about her enough to call it quits. You could give in on the hopes that this is just an immature phase she's going through and hope she outgrows it.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
I used to HATE tattoos... but then i realized that they are pretty damn hot in fact lol

honestly though, dont dumb her because of her getting a tattoo, if you break up with her it should be because she is changing and maturing and you dont like where she is headed... dont make it over something so petty though, take a step back and analyze if she is headed somewhere u dont want to go. If that is the case then so be it... But if you realize she is the same girl as always, just w/ some tattoos, then u should not leave her for it.... But trying to control her like this is NOT healthy in anyway shape or form...

OTOH..... would u NOT even consider a girl with tattoos if they were done previous to you?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Have her tattoo the letters M on each butt cheek, when she bends over it will say MoM...
When she flips over it says WoW....

I have a lot of whacked out friends so these ideas aren't always my invention :eek:nfloor

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
It's technically her body, so she's pretty much making the decision on this either way, despite your protest. Its a matter of taste that you are both arguing over.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Seems like you're trying your best to protect your girl friend from future regrets of getting a tattoo.. along with the fact that you personally don't like them.

I think that since you already let your feelings known, it's now up to her on if she gets one or not. Is it worth leaving her for? I'll say no..

"In a bar, look for the girls who have tattoos because you know they have a habit of making bad decisions..." it was a joke I heard.. thought it was funny

·
Registered
15 Posts
in response to ridehigh, yes...tattoos are VERY addicting. i have 5 and would like a couple more, but they're not stupid shit like dolphins or mickey mouse....mostly family stuff. my girl has 2, but they're teeny tiny. i'm gonna bust out the dr. phil here for a sec; is there a possibility that maybe you've come to the point where you need an excuse? do you want to leave her but have no valid argument to support it so this is kind of an out for you? i'm not meaning to be a dickhead or anything, just trying to look at it from another POV.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
kazlab67 said:
Have her tattoo the letters M on each butt cheek, when she bends over it will say MoM...
When she flips over it says WoW....

I have a lot of whacked out friends so these ideas aren't always my invention :eek:nfloor

BWAAAhahahaha. My boss's brother said the same thing... heheh.

And yeah, tatoos are addicting. Like heroin, you can't do it just once. :D

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Dumping someone for a tattoo is pretty ridiculous. That's like dumping her for changing her hair color or getting something pierced or choosing a certain career. IF you don't like it, you've obviously made that known. BTW, your language with her is unacceptable. I understand you were having a disagreement, but it's over for both me and my SO when one of us starts swearing. You can disagree and still be respectful to each other.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
If you are willing to drop the relationship over a Tat...y'all have much deeper problems and should re-assess your relationship

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
its her body, not yours. if she wants a 0 gauge nose ring she should be able to get it without the fear of you dumping her or not being attracted to her hanging over her. if you need guilt and threats to get what you want out of a relationship you need to get out and grow up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
"I got a Valentine's Day card from my girl. It said, 'Take my heart! Take my arms! Take my lips!' Which is just like her. Keeping the best part for herself."
- Robert Orben

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Exhiliration said:
The thread helped me realize I’m not crazy thinking there is something wrong with putting ink under ones body. It really pissed me off, I call her 2 days ago and she is all giddy about my friends tattoo etc… Couple of hours later I speak with her she is on her way to the tattoo parlor to get it and at that point its like, you are going to go put something permanent on your body and you don’t think it’s important enough to consult with your bf? The guy who has been with you for so long and the one who will have to endure it possibly for the rest of your life? WTF!!! So, she didn’t get it that day and I’ve been arguing about it since.

No, hair color is temporary. Piercing can be removed. And yes dumping someone over their career choice is not ridiculous at all, not going to get into it but some careers such as military can cause great trouble for a relationship/family to exist. As far as language, yeah I might swear here and there but its all done in a rational and calm manner and not directed at her but rather to emphasize the point.
The point with the examples are that they are all changes. Tattoos can be removed just like piercings can be taken out. Angelina Jolie had her billy bob tattoo lasered off. Anyway, is it possible you have control issues? I see this: You want things to be a certain way, and when they're not, you're fighting with her, even if your swearing is "calm." :rolleyes After how many posts, people have said your relationship has issues, you need to evaluate things, it's not that big of a deal, etc. etc. you come back and say we've helped you realize you're not crazy. Are you reading the same thread I am?

If I was your girlfriend, I'd be considering how important it is to be able to make my own choices vs. keeping a boyfriend that doesn't respect my wishes. That's one of the things I hold dearest about my dearest, he respects me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts