Sport Bikes banner

Would this be a good helmet?

516 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  cnk15 
#1 ·
I am looking for a good helmet to use for MSF and riding, I found this on EBAY and read that it is a good helmet but the price seems rather low. What do you think?

EBAY LINK

#2 ·
Thats definately a good helmet, one of shoeis more expensive models. A lot of people seem to be saying its one of the best vented helmets out right now. The price is going to get a lot higher than $107 although in the end it'll still probably be a great deal compared to the normal price a x-11 goes for.

tar

#3 ·
Bullit said:
I am looking for a good helmet to use for MSF and riding, I found this on EBAY and read that it is a good helmet but the price seems rather low. What do you think?

EBAY LINK
Before you decide to bid, make sure that a Medium is the right size. A lot of people I tech at the race track have a helmet that is really one size too large.

#4 ·
^^^+1. I originally wanted a Shoei X-11 helmet, but when I went to try them on, they didn't quite fit my head correctly. I ended up picking up an Arai RX-7 Corsair helmet which fit my head perfectly. I would go to your local bike shop and try on different helmets before buying something online.

#5 ·
Eyespy said:
Before you decide to bid, make sure that a Medium is the right size. A lot of people I tech at the race track have a helmet that is really one size too large.
I've had a major problem with this - I'm wearing an EXO-700 in XXL that I know is a bit too big for my head, but any helmet I have tried in XL either does not fit at all (EXO series doesn't even fit onto my head in XL) or creates a major pressure point on my forehead after less than 45 minutes of wear. I have a big head (24") but it's not freakishly huge, just a long oblong shape. The EXO-700 in XXL is tight enough to move my scalp when I move the helmet around, but it's still a tad big.

#6 · (Edited)
Jazzzzz said:
I've had a major problem with this - I'm wearing an EXO-700 in XXL that I know is a bit too big for my head, but any helmet I have tried in XL either does not fit at all (EXO series doesn't even fit onto my head in XL) or creates a major pressure point on my forehead after less than 45 minutes of wear. I have a big head (24") but it's not freakishly huge, just a long oblong shape. The EXO-700 in XXL is tight enough to move my scalp when I move the helmet around, but it's still a tad big.
According to this chart, your 24" head should be wearing a large in most brands:

http://www.helmetharbor.com/sizing/sizing_chart.htm

The X-11 is said to be more oval, the Arai Signet is oval, and the Nolans are said to be more oval.

Here's another sizing chart that shows a 24" wearing an XL in most of the brands listed, including hte aforementioned Arai and Shoei brands:

http://www.brocktoncycle.com/images/brocktoncycle/motorcyclehelmet_size_chart.html

#7 ·
Yeah man, there's over a day left on the auction. Serious bidders aren't even going to start until about 1 minute before auction close. Anyone bidding now is just driving the price up. Since it started out at 1 cent and it's already up to $182 with a day left, I'm going to guess that it'll go WAY up before auction close.

#8 ·
Jazzzzz said:
I've got a 24" head as well and found that the only helmet that fit me comfortably is the Arai RX-7 that I ended up getting. I had tried up to a XXL for a Shoei X-11, but it was still tight around my cheeks and had way too much space at the top of my head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.