Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's kind of gamble, what with no returns and the Jardine part numbers being similar but different. It might be too short/long.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOLF7R said:
I know one of the guys that own a local shop in town, he said it will fit if you have the stock head pipe.
I've been doing some research and it looks like your friend is right. Seems almost all bolt-ons for Kawis with the 3 hole flange will fit. The kits differ in their included bolts (usually just length) and mounting hardware. I just bought a Jardine can for an 00-02 ZX9R for $100. Even if it doesn't fit, I don't think it'll be too hard to sell it. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told by someone at DennisKirk that it wouldn't fit because I asked if the zr7 pipe they had on ebay would fit my 02 zx7 and he said no so I'm not sure :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah, the part numbers don't match, but I think that's due to the mounting hardware. I will let you all know once my can arrives.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news boys and girls, an 00-02 ZX9R bolt on WILL FIT a ZX7R. I just finished mounting mine. The only differences are that the supplied bolt does not fit through the passenger peg and the can is sort of at a different angle. Nothing major, but the tip is rotated a little. Still, everything lines up, bolts together, and looks/sounds badass. I'm quite pleased with my $100 CF, race baffle (I think) exhaust.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Zippy said:
Good news boys and girls, an 00-02 ZX9R bolt on WILL FIT a ZX7R. I just finished mounting mine. The only differences are that the supplied bolt does not fit through the passenger peg and the can is sort of at a different angle. Nothing major, but the tip is rotated a little. Still, everything lines up, bolts together, and looks/sounds badass. I'm quite pleased with my $100 CF, race baffle (I think) exhaust.
Congrats on the fitting i was wondering is the race baffle all that much louder than street?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
siccboy said:
Congrats on the fitting i was wondering is the race baffle all that much louder than street?
No idea. I was a little miffed when the pipe arrived and I was able to look right through it as I was told it was a street baffle. Oh well. It's quite loud, but sounds very nice. I will have pics and a small vid up tomarrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want one-where do I get one of those pipes!

Zippy,
Good job on the research. Now I want one.

Where did you find this pipe for that price? And if they have more, please send them my email-
[email protected]

Again, good job.....and post some pics of the pipe installed on your bike.

Larry

·
Registered
416 Posts
if it helps zx9 pipes bolt strait up, we did one yesterday

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nevermind, "barrowed" a friends FTP:

The vid

Don't mind my neighbor's little dog. The camera doesn't really give it justice as it doesn't record bass too well. It sounds 100 times better in real life. Also, the bike was still somewhat cold (just got back in from work and rolled it out).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts