Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.A friend of mine works in the parts dept. and can get a few left over helmets from KBC this is the one I was lookn at. I can get it for less than $200. Don't know anyone with a kbc so didn't know if they were worth the money.It seems to be better quality than my Icon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I like the way it looks from that angle, but sorry, no experience from KBC. I can say that I've heard mixed reviews, some negative responses from injury related incidences.

BTW- where in KS are you? Sorry if I've asked you that before.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Sorry, but no. Spend $200 and get a Scorpion, and you'll have a helmet that's $200 higher up the quality ladder than any KBC.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats their Mladin replica so yeah i'm guessing its their highest end model.

·
Registered
447 Posts
They don't make the Racer 1 anymore. Thier top end model is the VR-2 now, and you can get it for around $200 or less on ebay or from other online vendors. I believe www.mawonline.com has them for pretty cheap. I tried them on and like them alot. The overall size is smaller and lighter than the old model.

I have a KBC VR-1 and have crash tested it. I would definitely buy another if I got a good deal. I have also tried on some Scorpions but at first test, I like the VR-1 better. I was thinking about getting a Scorpion but don't need to at the moment.

Those Racer 1 lids go pretty cheap on ebay now also.

Heres the VR-2

This is what I have

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
its the racer 1 retail is $350 so I would think less than $200 isn't too bad a deal.It looks like it is better then my icon and has better options

1 - 9 of 9 Posts