Discussion Starter #1
USA : Super Sport : FZ6
[http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/273/0/home.aspx]

Continental Europe : Sports : FZ6 Fazer
[http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/sports/fz6_fazer.jsp]

Finland : Sports: FZ6-S
(that's official, importer's web page use today FZ6 Fazer:
http://www.yamaha-motor.fi/products/motorcycles/sports/sport_overview.jsp
but they are going to pay for that: Fazer is in Finland trademark of chocolate company)

Hope this is new, and if this is, others to continue...

Yours sincerely, Antti

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
So this brings up a question for me. It's Fazer in most of EU (except Finland I guess) and among my IRL friends, but it's Fizzer in here (but I've never heard that elsewhere). Another friend just referred to it as a FuzzySix (say it fast). My dealer insists on the full and proper FZ6SS(C) without nicknames.

What does all this mean, and do I care?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
karst said:
So this brings up a question for me. It's Fazer in most of EU (except Finland I guess) and among my IRL friends, but it's Fizzer in here (but I've never heard that elsewhere). Another friend just referred to it as a FuzzySix (say it fast). My dealer insists on the full and proper FZ6SS(C) without nicknames.

What does all this mean, and do I care?
It's all the same thing. It's kind of like the Europeans calling chips crisps and fries chips. It means the same thing, just a different word.

The FZ6SS is the American denotion for it. The "C" is for California models. IN Europe, they also have the FZ6N (naked...lucky bastards).

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Okay, so it's a cultural thing. Does the C have some emissions stuff on it? That's usually the California thing. Them and Massassachusets; nuts for regulations.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
karst said:
Okay, so it's a cultural thing. Does the C have some emissions stuff on it? That's usually the California thing. Them and Massassachusets; nuts for regulations.
Yup. 'C' denots that it passes CA emissions.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Okay, so all the models aren't 100% identical. The EU gets reflectors, Californians (and north, for some reason) get better emissions performance. Well, I'm an environmentalist type, so I guess I'm in favor. Wonder what it's doing to power, not that I have any complaints.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
karst said:
Okay, so all the models aren't 100% identical. The EU gets reflectors, Californians (and north, for some reason) get better emissions performance. Well, I'm an environmentalist type, so I guess I'm in favor. Wonder what it's doing to power, not that I have any complaints.
They all come with a catalytic converter, so they're already better off than most bikes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
guys, here in the UK, two models.
the FZ6 (which is the naked model) and
the FZ6 Fazer which is the fairred(same as NA bike)

must admit, was given the naked version for day as a loner when my bike was being worked on. maybe because I am not used to the naked one, but honestly prefered my faired version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts