Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear it guys- who's gonna make the second run and win it all?????????? :banana

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I would like to say Boston, but I think the series takers are going to be the Chicago White Sox.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a long time coming for them, that's for sure. I'm an Astros fan but I would like to see the Chisox win it all. Cardinals would be alright too

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
YammyR1 said:
It is a long time coming for them, that's for sure. I'm an Astros fan but I would like to see the Chisox win it all. Cardinals would be alright too
Cards? I thought you said you were a Houston fan? Not like Houston is still in it though. Cards are def. in October. Not sure who they'll end up facing in the NLDS though, not yet anyway. Maybe in a month or so we'll have a better idea of how it's shaping up.

I love September and October even more. Best baseball you'll ever see.

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Royals vs. Reds, by a mile.

Seriously though...

ALDS - ChiSox vs. Angels - ChiSox win in 4 games.
Stankees vs. BoSox (Wild Card) - Stankees in 5 games.

ALCS - ChiSox vs. Stankees (As a BoSox fan, it really pisses me off to pick the Stankees, but I just don't think Boston has the pitching to get it done this year. Satan, I mean Steinbrenner, bought Al Leiter. That should help them come October.) - ChiSox in 7 games. This is gonna be a battle royale.

NLDS - Atlanta vs. San Diego/Arizona* (The Friars better get their shit together real quick.) - Atlanta pulls out the broom.
St. Louis vs. Washington (Wild Card) - St. Louis in 4.

NLCS - St. Louis vs. Atlanta - St. Louis will need 6 to pull it off.

WS - St. Louis vs. Chi-town. I'm gonna say it's finally Chicago's year. St. Louis is just too banged up. Chicago is just too freakin' hot. I pick them to win in 6, provided their offense has the cojones to stand up to St. Louis' fearsome lineup.

* - Dark horse pick to win the NL West.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
mikem317 said:
I would like to say Boston, but I think the series takers are going to be the Chicago White Sox.
Ur a smart man. Good series with you guys last week. I'd pick the
W.Sox VS. Atlanta/St.Louis(These are the only teams in the NL with enough talent to put up a fight against the American League contender). Don't count ur boys out yet Mikem, they are the defending World Champs, and after seeing them in the series with MY Sox, they're really the only team that frightens me. Well there is Oakland-Sighhh, still can't win in the West-but they won't make the playoffs.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually Mike, Houston is putting together a nice little run. The Rocket is leading the charge as usual. I won't hold my breathe, but last year was their big chance. Not saying they would have beaten Boston, but I'd like to think they would have put up a better showing than the Cards. They have a legitimite shot at the wild card. What is really funny is that I have been an Astros/Oilers fan since 1978 when I lived there as a little kid and they break my heart every year, yet I still keep the faith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts