Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp a van turned infront of a bike last night and the bike struck the van then hit the curb and layed over. The rider got a little rash on his right hand about the size of a dime and thought he had a broken leg but turned out just tweaked the calf a little. Rider was a cruiser but still a rider all the same. Now the van driver was a different bird. The guy had a driving history 3 pages long!!! He had a revoked DL, 2 prior charges of driving on revoked, 7 or personal injury accidents, 2 previous DUI arrests, 10 Speeding citations and at least 20 failure to satisfy traffic citations and a few more other traffic charges. Welp, last night I added 3 more to the list, his 3rd offense driving on a revoked license, failure to comply with insurance requirements and failure to yield...needless to say he went to jail. The rider said he was glad an officer that was also a rider was working the case because only another rider would understand. Wished the bike would have faired better......

·
Registered
457 Posts
The rider said he was glad an officer that was also a rider was working the case because only another rider would understand.
It's sad that policemen have that rep. They shoudl be able to approach any scene with not only objectiveness be slow to judge, but the ability to change their mind in an instant when they see the evidence.

Glad to hear the rider is OK. Good gear?

·
Registered
45 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Rider was a cruiser but still a rider all the same. ......
WTF does that mean exactly? Cruisers are now sub-human riders and don't rate as high as sportbikers?

BTW, here's the smiley to show that I'm just playing. :moon

Be safe.

·
Registered
487 Posts
damn take that fools license away, wow glad the rider is ok, it sucks to work an accident and even worse if a bikes involved, makes you think, sometimes too much.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Super Ninja RR said:
damn take that fools license away
That was the point, his lisence HAS been taken away and he continues to drive... Remove his right leg, then he'll be a little more discouraged.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
The guy had a driving history 3 pages long!!! He had a revoked DL, 2 prior charges of driving on revoked, 7 or personal injury accidents, 2 previous DUI arrests, 10 Speeding citations and at least 20 failure to satisfy traffic citations and a few more other traffic charges. Welp, last night I added 3 more to the list, his 3rd offense driving on a revoked license, failure to comply with insurance requirements and failure to yield...needless to say he went to jail.
I don't know if they still do this but years ago my friends mom was busted twice for DUI. They installed this breathalyzer type device in her car. Before the car would start up she had to blow into it and if it was above the limit the car couldn't start. Now that I look back on it I think that is the perfect thing for multiple DUI's

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rascus said:
I don't know if they still do this but years ago my friends mom was busted twice for DUI. They installed this breathalyzer type device in her car. Before the car would start up she had to blow into it and if it was above the limit the car couldn't start. Now that I look back on it I think that is the perfect thing for multiple DUI's
yeah i work with someone that had that. how embarasing i would not want to give anyone a ride

·
Registered
65 Posts
dui is a pretty serious offense cant you get like up to 6 months jail time for it? i rmember a while back i went to court with a friend who had gottent a ticket for parking in a handicap and the this girl was in there for a DUI apparently her second and the judge was like you knwo i could give you 6 months jail for this offense, or something liek that..and damn she started to ball..she was like 22.

·
Registered
66 Posts
People will drive no matter what. In Florida you get more time on a suspended Dl then you do for selling crack. People still drive with or without a license. There is about 40% of drivers that have no Dl, or insurance. It sucks but there is not much that we can do but keep locking them up. Good job on the arrest. We can only get them one at a time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rascus said:

As an installer of breathalyzers, it's my opinion that they don't do a damn thing. I bet more than half of our customers get them put in some beat ass car, just to say they got one installed, and drive a different vehicle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glad to see you gave him a little something extra to think about. :cheers: I would normally say those tickets would eventually get to him and he'd think twice about driving on a revoked, but apparently thats not the case w/ this guy. Regardless, glad to hear the guy was ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glad to see you gave him a little something extra to think about. :cheers: I would normally say those tickets would eventually get to him and he'd think twice about driving on a revoked, but apparently thats not the case w/ this guy. Regardless, glad to hear the guy was ok.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
streetshark394 said:
WTF does that mean exactly? Cruisers are now sub-human riders and don't rate as high as sportbikers?

BTW, here's the smiley to show that I'm just playing. :moon

Be safe.

LOL!! Nahh...I like cruisers also!! Actually thinking of getting a cruiser next summer for those long rides and the G/F wants to ride with me. I was raised on cruisers and love'em....but the sportbikes are a little more fun.

Yeah I am glad the rider is okay also. As far as gear goes, tennis shoes, shorts, sleeveless shirt and half helmet. I told him he needs some gear!! :lol

The other driver was lucky he wasn't DUI or else I would have hit him with the felony DUI. In TN. the 3rd DUI and up gets a felony instead of the misdemeanor. 3rd off. driving on revoked I can get him classified as a habitual traffic offender...and I am considering it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
A little tougher in this Province of B.C., Cdn for to get one's LP with a NEW decal on it for the new year, the driver must have a valid DL.

Mind you that does not stop one from driving someone elses cage. Yet the cage has to have a legit LP with legit decal for the 2 to 12 months of the year meaning the CAGE is insured for at least Liability. Still someone could swamp Lps & who know what else.

As I ride 3 sportbikes I have noticed, in past yrs, the RCMP use to be sort of wondering if I just insured one m/c & swamped the plate from one bike to the other, but they found out I was a pretty honest guy & I have to be to be a h/gun director-instructor at our gun range. Same range the RCMP & Sheriff's Dept, plus the Conservation Officers use & this I know as they have to contact me if on said times will they be free to use the range & not in the way of any Club activities.

·
Registered
229 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
3rd off. driving on revoked I can get him classified as a habitual traffic offender...and I am considering it.
Considering the other list of offenses the guy has on his driving record, I'd think you would have done it already. The roads don't need any more idiots on them. If he's failed to comply w/ over 20 citations, etc. I'd hope the judge would throw his ass in the pokey for a couple of weeks to try and get the fucking point across since the dude hasn't gotten it yet.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know he will be there for at least 10 days, he can't afford the bond to get out. This is my first time dealing with him and with it being the 3rd driving on revoked charge I can petition the state to have him claasified as HTO. When it goes to court I will have the paperwork in hand to have him classified as well as permanent revocation papers so he never get another license in TN. I have already sent away for the certified copy of his driving history.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
I know he will be there for at least 10 days, he can't afford the bond to get out. This is my first time dealing with him and with it being the 3rd driving on revoked charge I can petition the state to have him claasified as HTO. When it goes to court I will have the paperwork in hand to have him classified as well as permanent revocation papers so he never get another license in TN. I have already sent away for the certified copy of his driving history.
Hey Officer, While I am only seeing one side of the facts (the items that you pointed out), please be fair to him and be with in your rights with your charges. Regardless of his history, or the fact that he pulled out infront of a bike, I hate seeing people get screwed by over zealious officers. Considering your response to a reply here. (i am not attacking you, or trying to imply that you have done, or would do any such thing to anyone. I respect your posts on SBN. )

Before I get flamed away, keep in mind that if it was you, you are entitled to a fair trial. I am SURE that if the history is what it is, this guy will get what he deserves, regardless of how you write it up, but I don't think that even 60 days locked up is going to change this guy.

Glad the rider was ok. I was scared to open this thread originally. I hate to see these.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts