Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Work is boring and all I want to do is go out and ride.. I want to kick my supervisor in the teeth actually...

To make this post bike related:

I'm searching things on ebay to spiff it up.. Got any good ideas? So far I got the tank pad, black windscreen, fender elim kit, gel seat, i HAVE to find a nice pair of frame sliders (any good places, brands to get?). I wouldnt mind a nice pair of color matching grips and bar ends..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Motrax has kick-ass frame sliders: TOP BLOCKS

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Soooooooooo bad......... LOL

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just as an FYI: I've had TWO bikes that I've owned go down with the Motrax sliders on them.... one was my own dumb fault, the other I was in the process of selling my '03 to a kid that wrecked it just prior to paying me the $$$....

ANYWAY... the first bike, 929RR, lowsided into a 15mph turn with REALLY tall grass.. spun around a couple times and was next to perfect when I stood her back up.
The second, R1, touched the ass-end on the asphalt as "genius" decided to tip her back a little too far... once the bike went airborne and subsequently end-over-end-over-end @ about 90mph, it finally came down perpendicular to the pavement and drove the slider directly into the engine thru the frame.... [bad bad]...

All in all, I would say they are a great set of low-cost insurance for what they will do, unless you wreck with the bike flipping thru the air at almost 100mph, I would say they are an asset.... but, chances are if your bike is going nose-to-tail, you're probably going to total it anyway.

my $.02

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i'm just stairing @ my bike in the parking lot waiting the get the fugg out

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
After you ebay yourself all those items, get some brake lines, too.

And post some pics of that sweet ride in the 750 section, pronto!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok.. update..

today i ordered my carbon fiber tri-oval yosh pipe, and the motrax kit with frame sliders, bar ends and low profile pegs...

After that will color matching wheels. Picturs will be sent the MINUTE I get this in the mail..

oh yea. and work is STILL boring..

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
njssli22 said:
...today i ordered my carbon fiber tri-oval yosh pipe, and the motrax kit with frame sliders, bar ends and low profile pegs...
Dude a CF pipe on that is going to look so nasty. Not sure if I like the tri-oval, is that the RS-3? But CF still going to look sweet on that color Gixxer.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope, its the trs.. also ordered that from oneida suzuki.. their prices so far have been unbeatable.. i hope they come through for me..i think the carbon fiber is gonna look great.. the excitement is building up. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts