Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, just want to vent a little. Everyone has their good and bad days at work but this past week or so been shitty as hell!! Being a cop we run into a lot of stuff and with 6 years on the job I have determined that "shit happens". One of my supervisors has damn near gotten me :urowned afew times over the past week. To start it off I go to a disturbance call the other day and he is my back up. After about 3 mins. of being there a pretty good sized fight breaks and we have to go hands on with people, next I know there is approx. 20-25 people in the mix, I am the in the middle snatching people right and left, I glance over (for the brief second that I had) and he is trying to TALK 2 of them that were grabbing at me into stopping!!! WTF???? I just yelled at him to grab somefucking body and do something!! Before it was all over said and done with 2 leutinents show up, the chief and the assistant chief of the department and another officer. Now I have to go in front of the Chief and explain why everything went to shit and what happened.

Yesterday I am working calls and they are stacked 3 deep (meaning I am on 1 call and have 3 holding) and the same officer is stopping cars and writing tickets!!! Once again WTF??? Out of 24 calls for that shift I answered 21 of them. Then to make matters worse I get my ass chewed by my patrol Lt. for not writing any tickets but my "help" gets an attaboy because he turned in 6 tickets. And to make it worse there were 2 officers in his car for the past days and I ride solo!! Come to find out when I was off Mon. and Tues. he did this same shit to another officer and last week when I was off for my 2 days he did the shit to a different officer as well!

With all this tension building I am about to get pissed!! I think it is time for a fucking vacation!! Thanks for listening everyone.

<broadcaster voice> we now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Yesterday I am working calls and they are stacked 3 deep (meaning I am on 1 call and have 3 holding) and the same officer is stopping cars and writing tickets!!! Once again WTF??? Out of 24 calls for that shift I answered 21 of them. Then to make matters worse I get my ass chewed by my patrol Lt. for not writing any tickets but my "help" gets an attaboy because he turned in 6 tickets.
That's what I have been trying to tell you, that your role is to collect money for the state, so someone upstairs can take his trophy wife to champagne parties and pad their offshore bank account. The more money you bring in, the better your supervisors look, and the more they will let you get away with shit the attaboy gets away with. That's my gist on the matter.

Anyway, I appreciate your story, makes me see what kind of crap you guys have to go through. Keep those stories coming and good luck.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
That sucks to hear man. I'd have gotten in that dudes ass for not backing you up during the brawl.

Lately I've been thinking of joining the local PD. Then transfering over to Kauai. I just don't know if I could deal with coming into a house with a kid abused and not beating down the dead.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Rascus said:
That sucks to hear man. I'd have gotten in that dudes ass for not backing you up during the brawl.

Lately I've been thinking of joining the local PD. Then transfering over to Kauai. I just don't know if I could deal with coming into a house with a kid abused and not beating down the dead.
Hey Rasc on Kauai you better worry about the growers. They are like a small army over there..... Kauai is pretty mellow you wont see much abuse as you will the really nasty stuff that goes on especially during green harvest. Thats when the n00bs go out in the cane fields and bag it to burn it. There are booby traps all over the place..... just a warning I know some Kauai officers and they hate GH.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
You need to take that gun you have for me and...............SHOOT THE SUCKA.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Damn dude. You need to find yourself a new department. That sounds like a seriously screwed up police dept.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Hey Rasc on Kauai you better worry about the growers. They are like a small army over there..... Kauai is pretty mellow you wont see much abuse as you will the really nasty stuff that goes on especially during green harvest. Thats when the n00bs go out in the cane fields and bag it to burn it. There are booby traps all over the place..... just a warning I know some Kauai officers and they hate GH.

Yea, it's real bad out there. The wife's family farm has found more then a few plants out there in the shrubs of their farm.

I'm just tired of the job i have now.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Hey they are hiring on the Phoenix Department - how's your spanish....
you don't have to speak spanish but you do have to be an asshole - don't think you qualify :beer

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Why do you think he is a supervisor? This is the "Peter Principle" in motion. In most jobs this is nothing more of a hindrance to problem solving. However, in your line of work, it could get you killed. Stay safe out there man especially when you are working with this asshole.

"The original principle states that in a hierarchically structured administration, people tend to be promoted up to their "level of incompetence". The principle is based on the observation that in such an organization new employees typically start in the lower ranks, but when they prove to be competent in the task to which they are assigned, they get promoted to a higher rank. This process of climbing up the hierarchical ladder can go on indefinitely, until the employee reaches a position where he or she is no longer competent. At that moment the process typically stops, since the established rules of bureacracies make that it is very difficult to "demote" someone to a lower rank, even if that person would be much better fitted and more happy in that lower position. The net result is that most of the higher levels of a bureaucracy will be filled by incompetent people, who got there because they were quite good at doing a different (and usually, but not always, easier) task than the one they are expected to do. "

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
bugeyed said:
That's what I have been trying to tell you, that your role is to collect money for the state, so someone upstairs can take his trophy wife to champagne parties and pad their offshore bank account. The more money you bring in, the better your supervisors look, and the more they will let you get away with shit the attaboy gets away with. That's my gist on the matter.
Stop with this. We've established this point over and over and over again. Everybody has quotas and benchmarks, if we didn't performance would be too difficult if not impossible to analyze.

OFFICER737, stuff happens. I just had a shitty week too. I got a few invoices from IBM for parts we alledgedly didn't send back, but we in fact did. So now I have to send another set of parts to IBM so we don't get invoiced. Frustration should end soon... it's almost the weekend! :banana

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
What part of tenn do you police?

As far as your boy...watch yourself..

I think one guy suggested a transfer.. Thats prolly what i would go with, either that or go over your supervisor, but i don't know if you have an open door policy. I would start really documenting these issues, and file real complaints. Don't let his stupidity, ignorance, and lazyness get you hurt... or worse. You have one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, you need to be able to depend on your back up. Shit I'm an engineer and my guys have my back (seeing as I just came back from breakdfast and one coverred for me) you need to not have doubts about the person that is supposed to be watching your ass.

Too bad he's a cop or we could kick his ass for yah :)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Rascus said:
Personally, I might have given the guy a hard time but would certainly not have "GOTTEN IN THAT DUDE'S ASS" Thats one place I'm not going now matter how bad the grievance is.

737 - sorry to hear things are going so poorly for you lately. I may not live anywhere near you but I can still say I appreciate an officer doing their job properly and being concerned with protecting the public.
Is there a chance something can actually be done about the guy if you and the others he's done this too were to report it at the same time? Perhaps when you have to explain one of the incidents to the higher ups?

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Put vaseline in his holster when he's not looking. I always thought Border Patrol would be cool. Out in bfe with noone to f%& with you and prolly get to ride a horse. Carry some illegals back home from time to time. And they are hiring bigtime.

·
Registered
471 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Sorry guys, just want to vent a little. Everyone has their good and bad days at work but this past week or so been shitty as hell!! Being a cop we run into a lot of stuff and with 6 years on the job I have determined that "shit happens". One of my supervisors has damn near gotten me :urowned afew times over the past week. To start it off I go to a disturbance call the other day and he is my back up. After about 3 mins. of being there a pretty good sized fight breaks and we have to go hands on with people, next I know there is approx. 20-25 people in the mix, I am the in the middle snatching people right and left, I glance over (for the brief second that I had) and he is trying to TALK 2 of them that were grabbing at me into stopping!!! WTF???? I just yelled at him to grab somefucking body and do something!! Before it was all over said and done with 2 leutinents show up, the chief and the assistant chief of the department and another officer. Now I have to go in front of the Chief and explain why everything went to shit and what happened.

Yesterday I am working calls and they are stacked 3 deep (meaning I am on 1 call and have 3 holding) and the same officer is stopping cars and writing tickets!!! Once again WTF??? Out of 24 calls for that shift I answered 21 of them. Then to make matters worse I get my ass chewed by my patrol Lt. for not writing any tickets but my "help" gets an attaboy because he turned in 6 tickets. And to make it worse there were 2 officers in his car for the past days and I ride solo!! Come to find out when I was off Mon. and Tues. he did this same shit to another officer and last week when I was off for my 2 days he did the shit to a different officer as well!

With all this tension building I am about to get pissed!! I think it is time for a fucking vacation!! Thanks for listening everyone.

<broadcaster voice> we now return you to your regularly scheduled program....
you must work for a really small department to have 2 LTs, a chief and the SGT all be on the same call. Not to mention 3 calls holding is deep? try having 18 calls holding, and having a 2 hour response time...

for someone that has been on the job for 6 years.. i dont see why you care so much.. you do one call at a time. clear one, go to the next, keep dwelling on this BS and youll be dead of a heart attack at 40..

as for your SGT, get used to the fact that shit rises to the top. Thats life. If a particular officer is writing tickets while youre humping calls, confront him and ask him what the problem is. Tell him there are times to be proactive, and when calls are holding, that isnt the time.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the support folks!! Feels good to know I got back up somewhere!! :eek:nfloor
Evidently the brass is paying more attention than I thought to his activity. There is a special meeting called and I have to go testify about this incident as well as a few others (I was just advised of this at 0700 this morning). I don't want the guy to lose his job, but maybe a transfer to another job within the city. He has 23 years in and is a helluva nice guy with exceptions of this kind of shit. I am considering transferring to the drug task force....not the best job but no patrol problems like this. My dept. really isn't into the writing ticket crap like some depts. but they want us to write enough to justify the need for city court officials and the $30k we just spent in new radar units....it's political bullshit I know but it comes with the job. Luckily he isn't my Sgt., he is the corperal for my shift and when the Sgt is off he is in charge. Most times I let shit slide but when it is my ass on the online or another officer and possibly inoccent civillians there has to be a line drawn somewhere. My dept. is small for the amount of crime we cover, 38 total officers and only 20 are patrol which gives us four 5 man shifts and a 6 man bicycle patrol. The reason so much brass came out on the fight deal was because he was literally screaming into the radio for more cars. I learned a long time ago not to take the shit personal at leave the job at work when I get home but these past few days I haven't been able to. I just got to make it 3 more years then I am gone possibly to a federal position or something. Thanks again for the support everyone.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rascus said:

It is hard when a situation comes up like that and sometimes the guy does resist (evil grin). Best way to get them good is make a solid case, send his ass to jail for a long time and let it slip to other inmates what he is in there for, most times the other inmates don't like people like that and they are pretty good at "taking care of things".

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alaska cajun said:
You need to take that gun you have for me and...............SHOOT THE SUCKA.

:lol BTW that gun is still for sale!! Gotta support my sportbike habit bro! I think after this week they are going to pull him from the road and move him somewhere else.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
badgixxer said:
Hey they are hiring on the Phoenix Department - how's your spanish....
you don't have to speak spanish but you do have to be an asshole - don't think you qualify :beer
:eek:nfloor My Spanish isn't real bad, but it's not real good either.
I try not to be an asshole but sometimes I gotta.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gixxer27519 said:
What part of tenn do you police?

As far as your boy...watch yourself..

I think one guy suggested a transfer.. Thats prolly what i would go with, either that or go over your supervisor, but i don't know if you have an open door policy. I would start really documenting these issues, and file real complaints. Don't let his stupidity, ignorance, and lazyness get you hurt... or worse. You have one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, you need to be able to depend on your back up. Shit I'm an engineer and my guys have my back (seeing as I just came back from breakdfast and one coverred for me) you need to not have doubts about the person that is supposed to be watching your ass.

Too bad he's a cop or we could kick his ass for yah :)

I am in Robertson Co. TN, just North of Nashville.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts