Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't talked to many of you guys since my accident, but word on the street has it that there are peeps asking if the Super rides will be NO MORE? I think that this is something that needed to be brought out and discussed as a whole. I definitely enjoy the rides and feel alot more comfortable ridin' at a fast clip on back roads w/ minimal traffic than to blow down 4lane highways like we used to do to get that same feeling of excitement. There have been some to say that they're turning in their w/e twistee passes for the track alone. Maybe those peeps have outgrown the tradition started by a few of us to meet up and feel those 2-3 hrs. of adrenaline rush. I respect those people and their decisions and I hope they succeed on the track. But one thing I would like to say is... Remember how you got so damn fast and don't forget where you came from. For the most part, those of us that partake in Super rides have gone to Jennings and have done extremely well against others. Not just a few, but many from Tampa, Polk, and O-Town that regularly join our rides get up there and kick ass. That's not a coincidence. I think that Supers have given alot of us that confidence and experience to compete w/ others. I think Super rides have intrigued many of us to cross over onto the other side and enjoy riding our sport bikes as they were meant to be rode. Using up all that tire instead of replacing it only 1/3 worn in the middle, understanding suspension setup, learning proper positioning, and being one w/ the machine you're on as well. I was taught a great deal from many of you guys (Owen, Glen, Chris, Dan, Rupert, Pat, Brian, Daryl, Kevin, and more to name) You've all given me pointers on how to get better. I take that same pride in telling others just how to do so. So as far as there being NO MORE Super rides... That's a damn lie! B/c as soon as I put my bike back together thery'll be alot more Supers to come. More responsible riding on the certain roads instead of "ALL OUT WAR" on the entire ride, but there are those that'll be fast paced just as b/f. :twofinger

Just my .02 on the Super Ride issue.

·
Skerd To Ride
470 Posts
I don't disagree with you on the fact that the rides have helped people to get better. I know that is how I started riding a lot faster. However, I haven't really quit going on the big rides but I also haven't tried to attend any, because of the fact that these rides are pretty fast paced. But I do miss riding with some of you guys. But when I started riding on the these big rides we started having alot of wrecks (mostly the Winter Haven Crew). That is when I started going to them less and less. I know they are fun, and we try to keep it as safe as possible but some of the guys that went would try to out ride their present abilities and we would have some wrecks (at least one every two to three weeks). But like I said before I do agree that these rides do help to make you better on the track, but I just think for me these rides have lost the luster that they once give me.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.

Mobuis

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Whether it be big rides or small, wrecks are gonna happen. Big rides give a better chance of that happening b/c you have more bikes. I've been on numerous rides where we've had 30+ bikes w/ NO incident whatsoever and then get on one w/ the veterans and only 10-12 of us and someone goes down. I'm a victim myself of a Veterans Super ride ONLY and went down on a cruising 35mph bend :eek: . Asphalt doesn't choose who'll be it's next victim. If the rides still have alot of meaning and are fun, show up! If not, then don't! That's the decision of each individual. When I outgrow the rides (Which I don't think I will) I'll stop showing. But that doesn't mean that I should feel like the rides should be No more b/c I've out grown it. And Mobius, I can't recall ever seeing you on a Super ride??? Not the rides that DaPimp puts together. Many of those peeps don't ride w/us and those rides are Nowhere as fun as ours :twofinger .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rob
Thanks for the props! Any time I can help some one learn, I will. I've always liked the rides, the people, the bikes, and the roads. I know I can't make a lot of them, but when I do... let's just say we talk about it all week. A hell of a good time!

Rupert

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Hey...there better be more super rides. I've been wanting to go on one ever since I got my bike back in May. But I held off so I could get a little bit more experience underneath me and get some gear. Now I have both and can't wait to make a SS ride. I know I still don't ride that well and i'm fine with being in the back. But it still sounds like everyone has a blast. Even the back markers.

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
The only reason I know of that there haven't been any Super rides is because it's been raining most every fucking weekend.

This shit's about to make me stir crazy!

Gov

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ride1Rob said:
There have been some to say that they're turning in their w/e twistee passes for the track alone. But one thing I would like to say is... Remember how you got so damn fast and don't forget where you came from.

Hey Rob, you must be talking about me. :) J/K I'm also one of those that will make those SS rides far and few in between. Not because if anything in particualr but mainly because I know my competitive drive will get me in trouble on the streets. (Not to mentions other factors) I personally rather pay my dues and go somewhere where i can let it all hang out. :lol

Hope everyone has fun and wears there gear on the SS rides. I'll be seeing everyone on those rides from time to time. :twofinger

·
Registered
259 Posts
There are alot of factors when ever you sit in the saddle...... I have always had a ball on the super rides, and I know what l-town is saying.

·
Skerd To Ride
470 Posts
That is what is partly why I haven't participated in the ss rides. I know what L-town is talking about. Besides when you are at the track you don't have to deal with cages. That is my main problem, and the blue and red lights too.

Mobuis

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
I loved the SS rides! But after a certain run in with the police I cannot afford to get pulled over again. I just have to keep it on the track for a while. Riding on the track so far has cost me about $200 riding on the street with that one incident $2500 and still counting. One day I will return to the street but it will be when I grow up and can ride around with out pulling wheelies every 15ft.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Mobuis said:
That is what is partly why I haven't participated in the ss rides. I know what L-town is talking about. Besides when you are at the track you don't have to deal with cages. That is my main problem, and the blue and red lights too.

Mobuis
don't forget sand, stuff in the road, tree branches, bicycle riders, kids, steel signs, lamp posts, guardrails etc!! :D

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Don't forget the distractions from good looking women on the side of the road :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I respect each and everyone's decisions and agree w/ most. But some of the factors that are being brought into play have never happened. How many of the hundreds of peeps that have rode on our rides have gotten pulled over by the popo? Who's had a ticket b/c they were on these rides?

(Jerry) you got into trouble b/c you pulled a TOTAL squid move. wheeleing down a 4lane highway w/ only 2bikes, and the guy that was w/ you snitched you out! That's why you're going through all your shit now. But I don't disagree w/ your decision at all. You bought your new bike for the track and I hope you have just as much fun as you did on the Supers.

(L-Town) I respect your decision no matter what it is. You have to do what's best for yourself. I'll definitely miss seeing you in the group and I'm sure alot of the others will also.

If I didn't have other obligations I would love to hit the track w/ you guys. But that's something that pretty much went south after my last accident. Instead of competing I'd just rather meet up every couple of weeks and have some fun.

(B) Glad that you haven't had a change of mind. To be honest though, I've been saying to myself "Why in hell haven't you started running ccs's the way you ride." I think that you'll do damn well. But that doesn't mean turn in you SS card!!! :lol

Like I stated b/f, the rides do need to be toned down a bit more as far as the overall pace is concerned. B/f we spent the entire ride hauling ass :eek: . Now when we choose a route the good roads on that route will be designated for alil bit faster pace than others. (That's only if you want to). Putting along is not frowned upon :dblthumb Unless you're like miss Daisy puting along:idea I'll get w/ B and see how we can make this thing work.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
It's been a long time since I've gotten to go on SS rides...I do remember how fun they were...

My crappy 2 cents says keep em going...Hell, it's what these bikes are made for...Even if you're one of the better riders, you don't have to be in the front...

REMEMBER, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE RIDE!!!!

That and being around other people that love the same thing you do--BIKES!!...

The rides make most better riders...
--The rides teach you how to behave in a pack, that you must respect your other riders and not do stupid things that jeopardizes the ones around you...Non-compliance with those rules gets you a ticket out of the loop and the knowledge you gain is invaluable...
--It teaches you that you can talk smack and not have it turn into fighting words...
--You learn that Florida actually has a few curves, here and there :lol

These are just a few off the top of my head...

Don't give the rides up, they have plenty of good things to outweigh the bad ones...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Shit...just the way you talk about these rides make me want to take a vacation down by you guys.

Keep the rides going until I can get my ass down there!

·
Registered
134 Posts
L-Town said:
Hey Rob, you must be talking about me. :) J/K I'm also one of those that will make those SS rides far and few in between. Not because if anything in particualr but mainly because I know my competitive drive will get me in trouble on the streets. (Not to mentions other factors) I personally rather pay my dues and go somewhere where i can let it all hang out. :lol

Hope everyone has fun and wears there gear on the SS rides. I'll be seeing everyone on those rides from time to time. :twofinger
Pat you make me proud :a2 When ever you go to the track you can put every thing behind you and concentrate on what you came to do... Get better! When you on the street you tend to ride with a concern of what if... When that happens you tend to brake harder and make stupid moves that may put you or other people in danger. The next thing you know we are asking if your OK and picking up the bike.

The SS rides are a lot of fun and you can still go out there and enjoy yourself... just remember to use your head. So what some one stays in front the whole time and talks S*%T through the week. Just let them bring it to the track. Then it's your time to shine.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Naughty76 said:
Don't forget the distractions from good looking women on the side of the road :lol :lol
Which is why I'm always nervous going around Lake Hollingsworth! Can I get an AMEN?! (sorry, not trying to thread-jack)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts