Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
pef said:
1340 is a displacement bump... i'm confused.
I think he means some people have warped sense of bumps and were thinking Suzuki would do 1400cc's or 1600cc.

1340cc's is fine...still can make a ton of power *shrug*

·
Registered
860 Posts
pictures.....specs.....test rides/reviews....245mph....wow...lmao

·
Registered
860 Posts
maybe they want to show they can wipe the floor with the competition with a seemingly inferior product....bump up the comrpession redesign the cylinder heads etc....busa was only like 10.x-1 static compression whereas other smaller bikes like the zx6rr are pushing 14-1......invest engineering into the combustion chamber shape and comp can go up....especially with the e10 gas makes regular more like premium....

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
they could still make more power with the current mill. i think the displacement bump has somthin' to do with peoples expectations and the way some people look at what performance boost is.

just like kawasaki when they took the 636 off the market due to learning how to make more power without the need for larger displacement.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the 14 is 1352cc

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
MT Wallet said:
Maybe Suzuki doesn't wanna get into a HP/top speed war too.

Then the gov't gets mad and starts regulating.
MV Agusta has broken through the 300kph barrier, why not Suzuki? Either that or Suzuki will be content with just getting to 300kph quicker than anyone else.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ill bet they also engineered it so that you can bore/stroke it out even larger. Just in case yamaha comes out with a fj1600 or something.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do we get nifty things like digital gauges? I just hope they totally redesign the visuals of the busa, I mean come on... How many years can you make the exact same bike:)

1 - 20 of 151 Posts