Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I keep everything in my backpack or jacket when riding. This is not foolproof, though. I left my bookbag zippers closed, but together at the top of the bag in April.

So when you're tucked over the tank, and the wind catches the zippers, they split -- OMG!!! There goes your stuff.

Last night I was coming from WalMart (posing of course :lol ) and I put my wallet in the backpocket of my jeans. hit some turns hard on the way home, and magically...no wallet. Surprised, as I wouldn't have thought it would blow out of the asspocket like that....

What measures do y'all take to keep your stuff safe, and have you lost anything irreplaceable while out on a ride? Cuz right now I feel like an :alky
 

·
Resident Freak
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
Harley guys have known the secret for years and years; wallet on a leash. Seems to be a trend among high school kids these days, but they take it to the extreme with several inches of log chain hanging off their hips, vs. a small little stainless or chrome chain which actually serves a purpose.

By the way, my wallet has been found dangling from its leash on a few occasions over the last five or so years that I've owned it, fwiw. Money well spent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I keep all my stuff wallet, cell, keys in my jacket's inside zip up pockets. Unless its ungodly hot and I go for a short ride wearing a tshirt (i know....i know... but at least I'm honest) then I put it in my back jeans pocket but after reading this I'm having second thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
Well I only ride in my full leathers so I toss everything (cell phone and flat wallet) in the left brest pocket so I haven't lost anything like that but I did lose a bandana once when I was helping out at a wreck, does that count?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
I keep my wallet and house keys in one of the zippered side pockets of my jacket. I can't stand sitting on my wallet anyway so I rarely have it in my backpocket. I keep my phone on the inside pocket of my jacket. Anything else goes into the storage compartment if it will fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
I allways have it in my pants.... and it stays there (don't wear baggy).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
LightWeaver said:
Usually I keep everything in my backpack or jacket when riding. This is not foolproof, though. I left my bookbag zippers closed, but together at the top of the bag in April.

So when you're tucked over the tank, and the wind catches the zippers, they split -- OMG!!! There goes your stuff.

Last night I was coming from WalMart (posing of course :lol ) and I put my wallet in the backpocket of my jeans. hit some turns hard on the way home, and magically...no wallet. Surprised, as I wouldn't have thought it would blow out of the asspocket like that....

What measures do y'all take to keep your stuff safe, and have you lost anything irreplaceable while out on a ride? Cuz right now I feel like an :alky
I bought a small folding wallet and keep it in my front pocket, over 100k miles no loss :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
I'm always worried about loosing my wallet or cell phone. I never keep anything in my back pocket so just in my front pockets. I try to keep everything in a button up pocket or zip up. No loss yet, but when I ride you'll see me checking my pockets to make sure everything is still there!

I've heard keeping your wallet in your back pockets cause alot of physical back problems. My back is pretty bad so I don't want to make it any worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
I've had a backpack pouch blow open during a little high-speed run home from school. Funny thing was that there was a lot of junk in there, but I couldn't remember anything specific. Oh well, couldn't have been important.

I need to get one of those wallets with a chain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Harley guys have known the secret for years and years; wallet on a leash.
Then your wallet blows out and opens and scatters your money everywhere.

My Aerostich has big velcroed pockets, so I put the wallet in them. Before the suit, I just wore it in the back pocket and never had a problem. I admit I've developed a habit of checking my wallet at lights, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
I lost my cell phone during a wheelie. not fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
robbieace said:
I lost my cell phone during a wheelie. not fun
dont lie, we all know you cant wheelie. :twofinger i keep my wallet and cell phone in my jacket pocket, but i always got a can of skoal in my ass pocket and ive never had it fall out.
 

·
Sport Tourer
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
mercutio80 said:
Then your wallet blows out and opens and scatters your money everywhere.

My Aerostich has big velcroed pockets, so I put the wallet in them. Before the suit, I just wore it in the back pocket and never had a problem. I admit I've developed a habit of checking my wallet at lights, though.
Not if you own a velcro'd wallet (A lot of active duty people I know love them--especially since they usually have a clear cover on the outside in which one can place an ID)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
snigg said:
dont lie, we all know you cant wheelie. :twofinger i keep my wallet and cell phone in my jacket pocket, but i always got a can of skoal in my ass pocket and ive never had it fall out.

Alright snigg maybe not stand ups doing 90 on the highway but i can still pull um up :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Marek88 said:
I keep all my stuff wallet, cell, keys in my jacket's inside zip up pockets. Unless its ungodly hot and I go for a short ride wearing a tshirt (i know....i know... but at least I'm honest) then I put it in my back jeans pocket but after reading this I'm having second thoughts.
Same here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
f4igrad said:
...probably because I have a costanza wallet :D
BWHAHAHA...
"Jerry holding up a hamburger while holding George's wallet.
Jerry: But look at this thing. It's-it's huge. You got more cow here than here."

:lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
your good friend here is morbidly obease
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top