Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Zlicius(my wife for the noobs) wants to move the TV to another wall in the living room.

it happens this wall is a staircase wall and 2 story's tall w/o cable connections.......

so we tried remote transmitting the cable signal.........:shake

so now she wants to pay somebody to 'drop a line'.....i think it'll turn out to be real real expensive.....

got a hold of a co. called DeCorp, and they are final testing a flat coaxial cable, that can be laid under carpet....1st of it's kinda in the industry. and i smooozed him enough for him to send me a test line.

i think this could be a really big product if they can get i right.......

finer's crossed....

http://www.decorp.com/index.html

promised i get him some exposure......

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats some shit, above my knowledge level, this will hopefully be just a thin thin co-axial cable.......that can run under carpet...

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
cool, i've got a cable in my TV room that runs the entire length of the room because there is only one cable outlet in that room.

i would think there would be a very large demand for something like this. i know i could use one.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, network cable is pretty thin compared to coaxial cable.......

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thing is, I see this getting outdated in a few years time. The demand will be decent, but probably not the hot seller the mfr is hoping for.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
w/ what? fiber optics........i doubt it'll go out for the next 10yrs.......

·
Registered
681 Posts
House have a basement? Preety easy to run cable if you do.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
not true, at least not at its current security level..... wireless is way too sam slow

fiberoptic is the future don't fool yourself. wireless is a pansy cheesy easy to hijack POS. as slow as molassis in subzero weather compared to a gigabit fiber channel systerm. gigabit and up per second transmissions are just around the bend. About one year away. lets see a wireless that does a gig a sec that a homeowner can afford.....

Only the government with our billions of dollars can sfford there own satalite for terabyte transmission via microwaves.........

Fiberoptic is our future of communications, not wireless. thats in our kids futures................. maybe. If nano organisms don't win the race.

Nano Machines will most likely be the end of life as we know it....... :eek: There less than 10 years up the road. a little heads up from KH the "geek" :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was told by the cable company that laid the cable outside my house that it is coax, surrounded by fiber optic. If that is the case, they are already gearing up to switch over.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
taziscool said:
House have a basement? Preety easy to run cable if you do.
no, houses down here, DON'T have basements.....were below the water table already......they'd flood more then they do know........

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
That cable looks pretty trick.

·
Registered
251 Posts
paulF3 said:
I was told by the cable company that laid the cable outside my house that it is coax, surrounded by fiber optic. If that is the case, they are already gearing up to switch over.
Fiber is everywhere. CATV companies have used it for years to get the signals to your neighborhood. Phone companies too. It's only the last mile or two (at the most, typically) that's not fiber. The challenge is getting the fiber to each house. Splicing of fibers and fiber connectors are rather expensive compared to metallic counterparts and no one would be able to use the bandwidth of fiber yet anyway.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Yep ^^^ my entire neighborhood was converted 4 years ago... welcome to the new world. My $40 a month cable has no cap and gets 5mb + downloads from decent sources.... wireless can't touch that. Wireless cant even get close to 1mb.

·
Registered
430 Posts
stoinkythepig said:
Fiber is everywhere. CATV companies have used it for years to get the signals to your neighborhood. Phone companies too. It's only the last mile or two (at the most, typically) that's not fiber.
True.... Fiber is definitely everywhere... but the "last mile" is changing to the way of fiber too in a lot of buildings in major cities (i.e. NY) the Fiber is run straight to the building and it is MUX'ed down from there for individual T1's to different floors.... so Fiber is definitely the way things are going.... as was said earlier the groundwork is already being laid..... More and more Muxes are going into office buildings.. wh0 knows maybe in a decade or so we'll all have a Mux in our house and mux out the fiber between floors for different rooms ike a router does a cable connection now!!! that would be sweet!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
only a matter of time before wireless replaces all cables. Sure, it is still slow, but think about computers now compared to computers 10 years ago. No one can reliably predict where technology will land us in 10 more years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts