Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with the person I'm buying my next bike from!

There is a VF700F in my immediate future--I'm stoked!

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man. I've tried to get to sleep three times now, but I keep waking up. This is just like the night before I went to pick up the EX. I'm grinning from ear to ear already. Gonna have to wait till monday to get insured and everything--poor girl's gonna have to sit in the garage ALL DAY tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That's cool, do you know the color, miles and what not? So you selling the 500 or what?

·
Registered
488 Posts
congrats man :) I rode that bike, a buddy of mine has it.. very nice, you'll like..

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dammit I don't want to have to wait until tomorrow to ride...

Just took her for a test spin, and DAMN does that 90º V-4 sound and feel NICE! She's so much more responsive than the old EX, but I can definately understand why the EX was a better starter bike.

beowulf2k said:
I had one, good stable bike. Very heavy and mucho torque compared to the 500r. Good luck.
I'm not feeling the weight too much--the bike doesn't FEEL any heavier than my EX5, in the low speed corners.

drmnlateef said:
Post up pics when you get it!
You want it, you got it! :dblthumb

Ca$h said:
That's cool, do you know the color, miles and what not? So you selling the 500 or what?
Yup--Interceptor colored! Faded, but the price was definately right! Yep, selling the 500 which is currently in the shop and not running, after the engine decided not to turn over one day. Selling it on the cheap as a parts or fix-me-up bike. Sad thing is I poured so much money into that bike (Woodcraft CFM clipons, fiberglass front fairing, front suspension upgrade, etc...) only to sell it and try and break even on the aftermarket parts. Oh well, such is life.

njssli22 said:
congrats man I rode that bike, a buddy of mine has it.. very nice, you'll like..
I like.

Pictures outline some damage to the tank, but other than that she's a great beast. I got two seats--the seat on the bike in the pictures is a corbin, which I'll be sending to Corbin to get re-upholstered. I also have a stock that I'll use in the interim. I can't wait to go get her registered and insured tomorrow so I can RIDE!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts