Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah! I just bought my first "real" bike. I had a Ninja 250 last year, and used it to make my first mistakes on. Sold it, and have been looking for a 600 ever since. 9 months later.....

On the 4th of July, i purchased a 1994 Honda CBR F2. I love it. It was a salvage title bike, but the owner was a mechanic and kept the bike in good shape. It needs some TLC, but ive got plenty of that for it.

What i liked the most was that when it got wrecked they repainted it white and black, instead of that ghey purple and yellow crap that came on the bike that year. Its got a steering damper, brand new Metzler M1 tires, and some Kerker exhaust (never heard of that before....whatever, sounds decent). I picked the bike up for $2200, not bad considering that blue book is like $3200. I know that price is for a clean titled bike, but hey, i saved $1000.

I hate when people post crap like this, then dont show pics, but im sorry :( I have pics, but dont know how to host them. Someone want to help?

I dont have any plans for it as far as aftermarket stuff, im just going to give it some TLC.

This bike is SOOOOO much better than the 250 ever was. I know that it served to help me learn the ways of a streetbike, which im thankful for, but at the same time im happy that i dont have to do that again! WOO HOO!

Anyone happy for me? :D What do you think, was that a fair price?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
scroll down when your posting and click "manage attachments" then upload the pictures. price sounds OK, not great but not bad.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Cool glad you like it i think im going to go out and buy a f2 myself im going to offer 1500 for the bike and see how that goes. Only problem is im going from a 2000 and 2002 bikes to get this 93. But either way i love riding and will find out how the f2 handles

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics up, sorry for the size!

·
Registered
318 Posts
body work is that of an F3, but the tell tale sign of it being an F2 is the speedo pick up is attacked to the front wheel.

Looks pretty good and has the suspension of the F3, meaning the rear shock is adjustable.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, and Stay safe !!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
congrats!! i had one for my first bike took off all the decals and it looked almost exactly like that. then i rode a suzuki and never looked back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ooohhhh .......track bike de-light.

Congrats. That thing has track bike written all over it. $2000 is not to bad a price for that bike hell considering that most sportbikes don't survive thier loan that one is in pretty good shape. Have no fears about putting miles on her either. Keep up with the maintenance and you can get 100,000 miles out of it.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the complements guys!

She already has like 40k miles, but ive heard these engines run strong. The people before me took good care of the engine (no leaks, and fluids changed regularly).

I think the back end is a different frame from it being wrecked, but who cares? For the amount of money i paid for it, i sure as hell dont!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
:grinbounc That white looks sharp on that bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts