Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a quality lid with some nice graphics to have as a spare. Of course, I love my AGV V-Flyer so I wanted to find another AGV, but they're usually out of the spare-lid budget (under $100). Looking for something else, I found an AGV Rossi GP1 (DOT and Snell) on eBay for $106 including tax and shipping!

Yes, I'm on the Rossi bandwagon, lol (even the few times that he loses) but no I don't ride a Yammi (remember his Honda, folks) and no, my bike is not yellow, but the lid has enough red that it won't look totally out of place. Really I don't care too much about matching anyway - my Americano-schemed V-Flyer is mostly white.

BTW, the guy has others on sale if interested, but this was the only one in XXL - I gots me a big noggin, ya know :slaugh

Now looking forward to a few hundred miles of horrible ear-pulling, as AGV is known for when breaking in their new lids :rolleyes At least my V-Flyer's interior can get a proper cleaning now, as I ride everyday and haven't had the time to remove the liner and let it sit out to dry.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wtf 100$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like a deal especially for that price

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw them for $150 or so, but not the race reps. Here's a link to the auction in case someone wants to look at the guy's other stuff:

eBay linky

Seems he's local so if he tries to pull a fast one, well... :devil

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey he is selling Mediums and Larges for similar prices. It does not look like the lid has any top venting, am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think those two black pieces on top are actually the vent covers. I'll report back once it actually comes in, which should be any day now.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, it came in... the two black pieces up top are vents after all.

BUT, the damn thing barely fits, and doesn't completely cover my chin. The shell itself is OK, not as snug as I thought it would be so not sure what will happen once it breaks in. Entry is difficult because of the shape of the opening (those wacky Europeans!) but I just need to get used to that. The other concern I have is that my long-ass nose is just touching the chinbar already, so what would happen upon impact?

I suppose if my chin hits the pavement first I'd have a broken jaw, but then again in that case my head would get pushed back at such a bad angle I'd break my neck too - how many times does a surviving rider hit the ground chin first (from the bottom of the chin)?

Should I forget about this helmet or try to break it in and see how it feels then? XXL is their biggest size, can't get the next size up then...

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
fotocycle said:
Should I forget about this helmet or try to break it in and see how it feels then? XXL is their biggest size, can't get the next size up then...
If you've got any doubts I'd say no. You'll just continue to be dissatisfied with the fit, and you'll no longer have a "new" helmet to sell. Sucks because it's a sweet helmet and a sweet deal, but your safety should come first. I say sell it now while you can get the most $$$$ for it. I'd guess you should have no trouble breaking even or maybe even coming out ahead.

·
Registered
820 Posts
As I was looking for more info on these I found them at mawonline.com. $115 for the Rossi Reps, $99 for graphics, and $92 for solids. Not quite the price Foto got but they have all sizes and colors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts