Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking for any help that I can do myself before I take it to a mechanic. I have a 2000 zx9 and it won't start?When I hit the starter button nothing happens just dead. My turn signals work, and I tried jumping or bump starting and nothing worked( but the lights came on)so I don't think it's the battery. My speedo lights up but doesn't reset itself when I turn the key,the trip or clock screen stays blank, and the neutral light doesn't show up. I don't know if it's the starter or ignition switch or something else. My manual says to start with the starter.... Any help ... thanks....

·
Gordon
124 Posts
not starting

First check the kill switch , then any breaker/fuses for ignition if possible...?
Since the neutral light doesn't show, maybe the sensor thinks its in gear..?
Do zx9's need the clutch in, if so there's another sensor.....good luck

·
Registered
646 Posts
Crap I wish I could help...maybe the alternator? I dunno. Maybe its a particular fuse. Def check the fuses.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Some history would help although it still sounds like a weak battery.

When did this problem start? How long ago did the bike run? What changed since it last was started? etc. Tell us everything you can think of.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had what sounds like the same problem with my 9 everything seemed to point away from the bat and the gauges didnt do there cycle when i turned the key after charging my bat on a trickle put it in and started right up

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
main power relay.

:)

·
old member
13,079 Posts
2 1/2 years later that battery is definitely toast. :)

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
RayOSV said:
2 1/2 years later that battery is definitely toast. :)

LMAO... good call, dude...

I didn't even notice how old it was.

Who keeps bringing things back from the dead in THIS, of all sections?

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.